Sign in to follow this  
MeNeZ

Resupply convoy for MP?

Hi,

I'm making a mp mission, a kind of capture and hold type one but I want add one extra thing to make it interesting...

Basically, I have 2 main bases and 2 forward bases and then one town in the middle which needs to be captured and held.

I want it possible for the 2 forward bases to be taken over by the enemy BUT, they have to be re-supplied in order to spawn there.

1. - There is a set amount of spawns...And everytime someone spawns at the FWD base 1 gun is taken away from the flag. Once there is none left then no-one can spawn there. (The point is that the main bases are far from the front lines and the fwd bases are relatively close, saving a long drive or flight.)

2. - An ammo truck has to be driven from a rear town to the fwd base and the flag count is reset.

This opens options such as laying ambushes and planting mines etc. which is a major part of any battle.

Any ADVICE would be greatly appreciated. If you gonna flame then rather keep it to yourself :P

Bump*

I just want to know if its possible or not...

To have a spawn base which needs to be resupplied?

It's possible... difficult but possible.

First, you have to maintain a counter on the server, then you need to create and maintain an ammo truck (could it be blown up? etc..)... then you need to check to see if it arrives at a cpatured base and reset the counter.

And all the while... you have to subtract 1 from the counter on the server when a client dies (but does not "disconnect").

....good luck!

Hehe thanks, yeah it is a bit of task.

It would be great if more tickets could be awarded to the side and person who drives the truck...no-one would ordinarily want to drive the truck but it would also give rise the occasion for someone else to drive hummers, apcs etc as escourt.

Once the truck has resupplied the Fwdbase or is destoyed then it must respawn at the beginning point.

I have found ideal places for the trucks to leave with 2 possible roads it could come down which would be marked as Intel on the map.

I will keep searching, thanks for your input biggrin_o.gif