Sign in to follow this  
blackt12

HELP!!! Can't play campain properly.

I can't play the campain properly because when it says:

City of Ortego

A military convoy is moving to a field base near corazol.

The screen fades out and doesnt fade in, when i pause the game it unfades and you can see but you don't have a gun the video is still on, what do i do, do i wait for like half an hour or is there a fix somewhere.

Hi, I had the exact same problem, but somehow I managed to get past it, I think I restarted the level after the message came up or something, I don't know what I did, but eventually it let me continue. Sorry for not much help, but I thought that I'd let you know it is possible to get through it.

That just happend to me :P.

Now i have another problem, my game graphics arn't looking very good.

badGFX.jpg

I have an "ATI RADEON X1600 PRO 256MB"

People tend to get this problem when they have low video RAM and also after people have played the game for a long time. I recommend dropping the texture detail a bit in graphics options and see if it improves it. I'm hoping that in the next patch or two they will improve the texture loading code, it can be very annoying at times.

Another way to conserve video RAM is to switch off antialiasing, that might help a bit also.

640mb RAM and i get same texture problem.

Allthough its no way near as bad, after a few hours play, and for a few seconds when scoping out a sniper/scoped weapon i will get it for a few seconds.

Bit silly to need the amount of vid ram i got just to texturize sad_o.gif

Is there a solution to the threads original problem? I tried to revert, restart and abort the mission many times and still it wont work.

-Edit-

With enough rambling with abort, revert etc. I actually got it to work. It seems that you need to abort the mission just as the fade starts, and then resume from there.

Another bug, the mission where you need to blow the bridge. It seems to be bugged since I cant seem to blow it up. I can mess up with the satchels in the river and all, got the message that objective is done, flashflashflash, pulled the trigger, and the bridge is still there. And sometimes it seems to remove all my satchels if I put them in a wrong place, but it still gives the message of completed objective. Wth.

I get the exact same problems as above (textures not loading and can't get past intro) The demo worked fine.

I have 2 x GF8800 with 768mb on each so it aint no texture memory problem biggrin_o.gif

I was hoping for more from this game as the last one was so buggy mad_o.gif

@blackt12

See this for possible fix

PH

That fix seems to apply to AGP graphics card users only. Any suggestions for PCI-E users?