Sign in to follow this  
dentist guba

real time editing

can you edit the missions in real time in ARMA(so you actually see where things are), i saw a video of someone doing it on VBS2 so if not will it be added?

can you edit the missions in real time in ARMA(so you actually see where things are), i saw a video of someone doing it on VBS2 so if not will it be added?

That feature is exclusive to VBS2.

you can edit like the chap says but if you use a debug console like vektorbosons, you can make a mission where two people can live edit online and have a cracking game spawning soldiers and helis trying to wreck eachothers base, once you have found there base of course . which can be fun as long as a third person writes the random base pos and you trust eachother not to peek at the variables in the sqm lol.

as vor the vbs2 editor in arma not in our lifetime i shouldnt expect,

at 1500 dollars a pop, i reckon the vbs2 crowd would be rightfully cheesed if we got it for nothing.

THAT sounds like an awesome mission. Although spawning nukes sounds like a great "Wargames" game lol

Quote[/b] ]THAT sounds like an awesome mission. Although spawning nukes sounds like a great "Wargames" game lol

well that was the beauty, it was a thinking mans game and taught me a shit load in ofp.

you actually had to literaly write the code live lol.

ofcourse there was v easy ways to find player and spawn a shell , but that was no fun. the beauty was in the beggining more like two people in a field. 50 meters apart and it was like a wizzard v sourcerer magic game each one show in his skill . i remember being chuffed cause i could write the code for a smoke grenade around me lol . cheesy huh but oh what fun and a great way to develop ya skills ,poof green smoke smile_o.gif.

sry for rambling but those were the days , now i just cock things up by over elaborating something that is all so simple . wink_o.gif