Sign in to follow this  
NeMeSiS

Zmod (Crappy Zombie Mod)

reason, the zombies will eventually stop spawning. I'm not sure why this happens, but it's still better than no spawns. (I haven't timed how long the spawns work for, but I think it's a good ten minutes.)

Max grooup coujrent is 144.

So I have to find a way to clear the dead zombies out of the groups... or are you saying it simply cannot be done?

Well i dont know what happens if you keep recreating a group with the same name like you do, but you could just use a dummygroup and spawn them all into that group. (You can have an unlimited amount of groupmembers, or at least alot more the then amount of groups).

Problem then is that when 1 zombie spots someone all his groupmembers will also know about that target.

I guess the best solution is to keep it to +-6 units per group, i guess you could find the nearest zombie using nearestobject, count the amount of groupmembers, if its less then 6, join that z, if its 6 or more, join grpnull.

On the other hand, maybe you reached the max amount of groupmembers per group. (I guess you could hint format the amount of groupmembers to see it the group is filling up)

EDIT: In the mission editing section you can find more help i think.

Ok, what do you mean by using a dummygroup? Using a zombie which is already in a group on the map?

Ok, what do you mean by using a dummygroup? Using a zombie which is already in a group on the map?

Yeah (I did it with my own z's iirc), but its easier/better to do what 5133p39 suggested and just delete empty groups. (Although that still leaves you with the 144 groups max limit, but the pathfinding would be heavy enough for 144 zombies in an object filled area anyway)

If you decide to use a dummygroup, make sure you do a  disableAI "move" on him and make sure he doesnt die.

Okay, here's a spawn script. It works for up to three spawns using markers labelled "zspawn1" "zspawn2" and "zspawn3." It uses the Low requirement zombies.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; *****************************************************

; ** ArmA Script File

; *****************************************************

#create

~0.3

_grp = createGroup Resistance;

unit = _grp createUnit ["NeM_Zombie_1_Low", getMarkerPos "zspawn1", ["One","Two","Three","Four"], 50, "FORM"];  

[unit] join _grp;

unit = _grp createUnit ["NeM_Zombie_1_Low", getMarkerPos "zspawn2", ["One2","Two2","Three2","Four2"], 50, "FORM"];  

[unit] join _grp;

unit = _grp createUnit ["NeM_Zombie_1_Low", getMarkerPos "zspawn3", ["One3","Two3","Three3","Four3"], 50, "FORM"];  

[unit] join _grp;

;unit move position player;

~0.1

goto "wait"

#wait

;waits 10

~10

goto "create"

exit

For whatever reason, the zombies will eventually stop spawning. I'm not sure why this happens, but it's still better than no spawns. (I haven't timed how long the spawns work for, but I think it's a good ten minutes.)

Kamikaze189 How do you get the script to activate im very bad with getting scripts to work im guessing i have to set up a marker and in the init line put exec spawnscript.sqs huh.gif and would i have to do that for each marker

I'll just go through the whole setup, so anybody who doesn't know how to get it working can have a shot at it.

First, make your mission in the editor. Put in a west group of soldiers. Make sure independents aren't allied with west. Then save it, and name it something you'll remember.

At this point, you need to minimize (Not close. Use Alt+Tab.) ArmA and go to your "My Documents\ArmA\missions\" folder. Once there, you should see the name of your mission. Open that folder.

Create a text file in your mission's folder. Redefine the extension as .sqs. Open it with notepad and then paste the script. Save and close the file.

Maximize ArmA. In your mission, place a new game logic. In the init line, it should say <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "zspawn.sqs" (Note: If you would like more zombies, you can either edit the script or exec the script multiple times... like: "this exec "zspawn.sqs"; this exec "zspawn.sqs";")

Lastly, you need to place some markers. Press F6 to switch to marker placement mode and put them where you want the zombies to spawn. Name the first one "zspawn1" and the second "zspawn2". (Note: You don't have to place all three spawns. You can place only one.) Set them so they are ellipses or rectangles, and modify the area they take up. This is the area the zombies will spawn within, as you can guess.

Then test the mission.

So... that's how the script works. If you have any more trouble, I can try explaining that part in more detail. smile_o.gif

Okay, here's a spawn script. It works for up to three spawns using markers labelled "zspawn1" "zspawn2" and "zspawn3." It uses the Low requirement zombies.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; *****************************************************

; ** ArmA Script File

; *****************************************************

#create

~0.3

_grp = createGroup Resistance;

unit = _grp createUnit ["NeM_Zombie_1_Low", getMarkerPos "zspawn1", ["One","Two","Three","Four"], 50, "FORM"];

[unit] join _grp;

unit = _grp createUnit ["NeM_Zombie_1_Low", getMarkerPos "zspawn2", ["One2","Two2","Three2","Four2"], 50, "FORM"];

[unit] join _grp;

unit = _grp createUnit ["NeM_Zombie_1_Low", getMarkerPos "zspawn3", ["One3","Two3","Three3","Four3"], 50, "FORM"];

[unit] join _grp;

;unit move position player;

~0.1

goto "wait"

#wait

;waits 10

~10

goto "create"

exit

For whatever reason, the zombies will eventually stop spawning. I'm not sure why this happens, but it's still better than no spawns. (I haven't timed how long the spawns work for, but I think it's a good ten minutes.)

Kamikaze189 How do you get the script to activate im very bad with getting scripts to work im guessing i have to set up a marker and in the init line put exec spawnscript.sqs huh.gif and would i have to do that for each marker

I'll just go through the whole setup, so anybody who doesn't know how to get it working can have a shot at it.

First, make your mission in the editor. Put in a west group of soldiers. Make sure independents aren't allied with west. Then save it, and name it something you'll remember.

At this point, you need to minimize (Not close. Use Alt+Tab.) ArmA and go to your "My Documents\ArmA\missions\" folder. Once there, you should see the name of your mission. Open that folder.

Create a text file in your mission's folder. Redefine the extension as .sqs. Open it with notepad and then paste the script. Save and close the file.

Maximize ArmA. In your mission, place a new game logic. In the init line, it should say <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "zspawn.sqs" (Note: If you would like more zombies, you can either edit the script or exec the script multiple times... like: "this exec "zspawn.sqs"; this exec "zspawn.sqs";")

Lastly, you need to place some markers. Press F6 to switch to marker placement mode and put them where you want the zombies to spawn. Name the first one "zspawn1" and the second "zspawn2". (Note: You don't have to place all three spawns. You can place only one.) Set them so they are ellipses or rectangles, and modify the area they take up. This is the area the zombies will spawn within, as you can guess.

Then test the mission.

So... that's how the script works. If you have any more trouble, I can try explaining that part in more detail. smile_o.gif

Thank you sir!!!

CZM 0.61c

Lower spec Z's

I stopped working on it, Charonos isnt here anymore, the project is dead and someone else is more actively working on zombies. No more support is given however i may still answer PM's about this so feel free to ask if you got problems with something.

Lock requested, please dont post here anymore. smile_o.gif