Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

w:\c\Poseidon\lib\AI\aiArcade.cpp(1357) ERRORS

I am busy creating a mission that spawns (and un-spawns) up to 80 - 120 enemy units (mainly soldiers, a few jeeps and BMPs) in a given sector; but never more than this at a time.

Not only can I crash the game just by playing this mission for about 10 min; I also noticed that the ARMA.RPT file is sometimes about 5MB, sometimes even up to 20MB and it's full with one message only:

Quote[/b] ]w:\c\Poseidon\lib\AI\aiArcade.cpp(1357) : Target acqusition slow and inaccurate (may even select friendly)

I don't know what this exactly refers to; but indeed my enemy units act kind of stupid. Often I run into them while they are already engaged in a wild firefight amongst themselves confused_o.gif

They seem to particularly hate any (friendly) UAZMG since they attack these very often and get shot back by the other group then.

Is there anything I could improve to avoid this error?

Regards,

Victor

* System Specs: Core2Duo 6400@2133Mhz, 2GB DDR-667, GF7800GTX@256MB,320GB SATA2

* Addons used: STR_DEBUG Console

Most often this means you have a DESTROY waypoint which is not placed to a specific target, only near it. Such construct is very problematic.

Suma,

this was the golden tip of the day - solved! thumbs-up.gif Changed the waypoints to "SAD" - no more errors. Thanks so much.

This is really a tricky one since it is mostly invisible to the user/scripter; maybe this could be improved in a future patch. E.g. do not allow the DESTROY type unless the waypoint has already a target attached or the like.

Regards,

Victor

Suma,

this was the golden tip of the day - solved! thumbs-up.gif Changed the waypoints to "SAD" - no more errors. Thanks so much.

This is really a tricky one since it is mostly invisible to the user/scripter; maybe this could be improved in a future patch. E.g. do not allow the DESTROY type unless the waypoint has already a target attached or the like.

Regards,

Victor

It`s logical, that an S&D waypoint is needed in this situation.

If the target location is known you can send troops to destroy it,

if it`s unknown you have an search and destroy mission.

Hey Mr Tea,

well, now that we know it it is of course an obvious mistake. That's why I suggested to make the waypointtype function a bit more strict and protect it against such user errors. The effects this has are quite dramatic (thousands or errors silently logged, game crashes) so this wouldn't be a bad thing.

Victor

Quote[/b] ]w:\c\Poseidon\lib\AI\aiArcade.cpp(1357) : Target acqusition slow and inaccurate (may even select friendly)

I don't know what this exactly refers to; but indeed my enemy units act kind of stupid. Often I run into them while they are already engaged in a wild firefight amongst themselves  confused_o.gif

They seem to particularly hate any (friendly) UAZMG since they attack these very often and get shot back by the other group then.

rofl.gif

Well now we know the perfect simulation method for third-world militias and general criminal cartels!!!