Sign in to follow this  
plugger

Waypoints ?

Goodaye,

I'm playing the 505 demo (which I enjoy) and have a few questions on waypoints that I'm hoping somebody can help me with.

1.Is there any way to set multiple waypoints for a unit?

2.Is there any way to set a wp or wp's and NOT have the unit immediately move off? Eg. set up a wp to cross a street but have the unit wait until you are ready to provide covering fire.

I notice the command menu's have an option to 'move to the next wp' so I'm assuming that my above two questions are doable, I'm just not sure how.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Plugger

I dont think you can give them more than one movement order ingame at a time per soldier. In the editor you can create patrol routes, or as many way points as you like, and they will move from one to the other, unless engaged they may stray from their waypoint.

You can tell the units to move to a particular place and then say "HALT" (1-6 i think) and they'll wait. then you should be able to order them to move to the waypoint you set by ordering them to "Move to next waypoint" (1-9 i think). I havent tested this.. but i think it works... Give it a try. =)

Goodaye,

O.K, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Plugger