Sign in to follow this  
roshnak

CreateVehicle woes

Edit: This belongs in missions/scripting. I would erase it, but for some reason I can't do that even though the thread has no posts.

Whenever I create a vehicle in a multiplayer game with createVehicle there is a ~10 second delay before I can interact with it (it is rendered and can be destroyed, however I cannot drive it or stow weapons to it / take weapons from it). In order to ensure that this wasn't simply the result of a buggy script, I tested it in a quick mission with a radio trigger that spawns a vehicle. This resulted in the same delay. In addition, there seems to be an even longer delay before items added to the vehicles with addWeaponCargo are accessable to players other than the host (createVehicle is only being executed on the server and addAmmoCargo/addMagazineCargo are being run on all clients).

Is this a normal issue (I would assume not, since numerous Google searches have produced nothing) and are there any known workarounds?

Something like this usually works:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_Vehicle="M1A1" CreateVehicle _Pos

Player Reveal _Vehicle

Although if you want to reveal it to more than one player in MP. It gets a bit trickier. If your vehicles are being created in only a few locations, you could create West present triggers, with this line in each condition:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Call {{Player Reveal _x} ForEach ThisList; This}

That way vehicles should be accessible to everyone, as soon as they are created.

That's exactly what I needed, thanks for the help.