Sign in to follow this  
NuevoLeonBandits

scripting help !!!

how can i for example put a squad a little far from where the action is taken place, and make them come with a radio code ?

as well as for a group of tanks ? help.gif

Sync the radio trigger with the waypoint before and they'll hold there until it's activated. Press F5 and drag a line in between the two.

okay okay . first of how do i use synchronize ? i see it but it dont make any sense ? i dont do nothin. or i guess i donot know how to use it. well ummmmm so i just do a line and name it with the radio code i want it to work with ? help.gif

1. Place a trigger. Set its activation to radio alpha. To set a title other than alpha, type it into the text field.

2. Place the group and give it two waypoints. They'll hold at the first of these wps until the radio call.

3. Select synchronize (click the button or press F5). Then drag a line from the trigger to the first waypoint with left mouse button.

Now, when the mission begins the group moves to the 1st wp and waits for the trigger it's synced with to activate. Once it does, they move on to the next wp.

thanks . and one more thing how do i make a soldier stand up and stay up inside a house shooting from a window ? they all always hit the floor once shots are fired.i want them to be like in the russian campaing when you leave to help boris squad out and you find them all dead , theres a guy awith a 12 inside the window , well like that thats what i meen help.gifhelp.gif

in the init line of the standing soldier write:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this setunitPos "UP"

wink_o.gif

No need to sync at all.

Place your units. Give the officer a waypoint slap bang on his head or in front, it doesn't matter.

In the condition field write,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Reinforce

Then make a waypoint to wherever you want him to go.

Now for the radio bit.

Create a trigger. You want it to be Radio Alpha or whatever. Select it in the relevant box.

Now in the OnActivation box, write <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Reinforce = true

Your squad will now come to the rescue when you call Radio Alpha.

thanks , muchos thanks , ummm 3 more things people , ummm how do i make the fire light ? whistle.gif

ooh and whats the best flag pack , any link ? whistle.gif

how ddo you install the flags whistle.gif

No need to sync at all.

I fail to see your point, syncing is simplier and you'll get away with one less global variable.

Quote[/b] ]ummm how do i make the fire light ?

Read the FAQ in this section. First entry in it actually.

For the flags, most countries are in the official flag pack, I think it comes with some update for OFP, maybe by default for Resistance. It's Flags.pbo in the Addons directory. For the list of those flags, see FAQ.

Both suggestions will work fine. The fire can be lit using the following code in the fire's init field:

this inflame true

Checkout the FAQ Metalheart mentioned though or you'll be asking questions which have already been answered many times.

Personally and this is just my own preferred method, I would call a script from the radio trigger which unlocked the support group's waypoint using the lockwp command. I think it's a bit early in your learning for you to be trying that method though thumbs-up.gif