Sign in to follow this  
Deadeye

ArmA Combat Photography Tutorial (Basic)

Hey folks,

after several users asked me how I'm taking my screens I sat down and wrote a short tutorial on how to take ArmA screenshots, resize and convert them and finaly share them through the internet.

You can view the tutorial here :

http://www.arma-cp-tutorials.de.am

Plz note that it's an very basic tutorial, if I find enough time I'll add some advanced tuts (editing, modifying pics) later on.

Maybe someone wants to join in wink_o.gif

Also I'd be thankfull if someone could read through the tutorial and report mistakes through PM wink_o.gif (I'm not a native neglish speaker).

Furthermore the lil snippets used in the tutorial might be helpfull for those who want to get their picture size under 100kb without much effort. I found em while browsing through the net. The may not give the best results but hey nobody's perfect

yay.gif

PhotoResize (resizes to 800x xxx (in 99,9% the jpg is smaller than 100kb)

PhotoResize (get your pics below 100kb)

wink_o.gif

Cheers Deadeye

Edit: I'd love to add some more CP Threads to the tutorial, just gimme a link wink_o.gif

Here's a quick tip for getting action shots.. (and to remove the border in Camera.sqs)

if you set a trigger up tied to "Radio Alpha" or any activation you wish..

you can prep a shot buy F1 and presing 0 twice so you're ready to tap 1 when you want to set the camrera for shooting (I.E straight after you fire a rocket press 1).

I put this in the activation line of the trigger..

player exec "camera.sqs"; showCinemaBorder false; setAccTime 0.003

this way you can take some nice action shots and move the camera in place during real slowmo action.

like this..

Firing..

Arma10.jpg

And this is gunna hurt!!

Arma11.jpg

Nice tutorial DeadEye. I wrote a tutorial for OFP as well, a long time ago.

Also wanted to tell you about the showCinemaBorder false thing, but seems someone was first.

thx guys, will fix the showcinemathingy smile_o.gif

If you don't mind Homer Simpson I'd like to add your action shots tut to the tutorial site wink_o.gif

ok?

If you don't mind Homer Simpson I'd like to add your action shots tut to the tutorial site wink_o.gif

ok?

Yep no problem at all.. thumbs-up.gif

I've changed the appearance of the website, added and modified Homer Simpsons "action shot" tutorial.

Furthermore I've adjoined a short tut, teaching you how to improve your screenshot just using Irfanview.

Have Fun yay.gif

Link to the tutorial site :

http://www.arma-cp-tutorials.de.am

Thanks for the tutorial. I've been taking pictures all day biggrin_o.gif

Only thing is, is there a way I can tilt the camera?

What would be great is if this tutorial either included or linked to an in-depth camera/multi-camera/multi-angled use tutorial for those of us interested in making movies.

I'd love to know if there was a way I could place multiple static and multiple motion scripted cameras over a battlefield to record the footage.

Thanks for the tutorial. I've been taking pictures all day biggrin_o.gif

Only thing is, is there a way I can tilt the camera?

dunno if thats tilting but try the keypad. You can change the angle in there

@-Duke- you mean a videography tutorial?

Hm I've never made an OFP/ArmA video but maybe a videographer is able to write a small tut wink_o.gif

Hm I've never made an OFP/ArmA video but maybe a videographer is able to write a small tut wink_o.gif

I'm referring to methods to capture one event from multiple angles, multi-speed zooming, camera angling/placement/scrolling, effects, etc., everything needed to make a cinemagraphic movie.

This is something of great interest to me and I'd be more than willing to help out (even if it means video capture/publish/hosting) so long as I can get help using and understanding camera characteristics for each effect.

As it currently stands, if ingame camera control is measured as 100%, I understand about 0.00001% of it crazy_o.gif

So has this thread officially dead now?

If so, it's a shame because I'd love it if a bunch of us could get together and create a n00bs version comprehensive media tutorial for ArmA.

I never got into modding or doing much with OFP (simply because i was new to gaming at that time) so I'm starting from scratch on all this.

The WIKI does nothing to help a person actually understand the commands listed within it.

Well I'd love to add more content to the site. But as I've pointed out my knowledge in ArmA Moviemaking is advanced like the IQ of a banana yay.gif . (But I'll try to contact a Movie Maker)

Furthermore I've overworked the sites appearance and added a small tutorial on how to unpack and pack *.pbos using cpbo.exe