Sign in to follow this  
EveronVetsAgainstTheWar

Sitting and Walking Units

How do I make a unit sit on the ground or stand with his gun on his back?

Also, if I want to make a man "patrol" and walk from one place and back, where do i put "REPEAT"? In the INIT field?

When i want someone to patrol i use the first waypoint MOVE, and place the second waypoint CYCLE on the unit itself with and he will walk "heen en weer". I don't know how to say this in English sad.gif ???forward and back and forward etc.confused.gif

O<--------------->MOVE

CYCLE

I don't know much about the scripting, and this works OK for me

Oh, thats the word. He will walk to one ploace and back and will repeat this path until he gets shot or run over by a car biggrin.gif

So first waypoint "MOVE", and second "CYCLE". I always put CYCLE on the unit itself, but i think you can place it somewhere else on the map, and the will walk back at the first waypoint "MOVE" again and go back at the 2nd "CYCLE" and keeps doing this

To make a unit sit on the ground type this in his init field:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this switchmove "effectstandsitdown"<span id='postcolor'>

You have to set behaviour to SAFE in the first waypoint if you want him to put the gun on his back.

Or if you want the unit to start with the gun on his back, put this in his initialisation field:

this setbehaviour "SAFE"