Sign in to follow this  
Sangman

So what's up with this Strange Meeting mission..

I'm replaying Operation Flashpoint again - I know of this alternative mission called Strange Meeting that's supposed to happen after Montignac Must Fall. Apparently, you have to make sure your entire squad dies, the truck survives.. But then what? It gives me a "get in" waypoint on the truck but that's where it ends. The blackhawk arrives, gets shot, then I get the "move" waypoint. How do I acces it?

Odd... Well, you don't make sure your squad dies as it makes it easier to have them later on. However, they all die when you come to Morton. Also, the truck is supposed to get destroyed when you first get out and head towards the farm. That's why you have to, as a result, continue on foot through the forest and to the evac. point...

Don't know why that happened to you, only reason I can think of is a mission bug. Try it again and see if the scenario changes.

No the mission you are referring to (the whole crawling through the woods thing) is After Montignac, that's the standard thing you'll get. However there's this "secret" alternative mission that you can get into and I'd like to know how to do it because I can't figure it out for the life of me wink_o.gif

Also I've noticed the destruction of the truck is scripted - The BMP was destroyed and so were all AT soldiers, I look at the truck - it's intact, then it explodes out of nowhere. I've found a way to stop that from happening though, I just shoot the driver when I get out and hope my squad doesn't shoot me for it wink_o.gif And it works.

I think Thomas is refering to the right mission. Strange Meeting is the one where you start driving in a truck. You get the order to clear out a farm to the right of your path, then you get ambushed and your truck is destroyed.

Try destroying the truck yourself after the firefight ends (if it is not already).

If you want to keep your squad alive (well, until the next part) , you could try heading east as soon as you get out of the truck, up to the woods where the enemy attack from. You should end up left of them by about 200m, and are then able to sweep them up whilst they are attacking your squad. Theres a dragunov there, plus a RPG launcher (which I find come in handy later)

That should keep your squad alive long enough for them to move off into the woods, east towards morton. But, they will all die in the end.

If it still doesn't work, just ignore the waypoints. You don't really need to go to morton afaik. Just make your way towards the resistance meeting place, and you'll get the trigger telling you to go there after 10 minutes or something.

Well ok so then he IS referring to that mission. But what I want to know is how do I get INTO that mission?

Don't do anything. Just hang around on the mission beforehand when the truck drops you off outside Montigniac. Your squad should start dying, and you'll get the order to fall back. Once you have done so, you'll have the strange meeting mission.

So let me get this straight.. They all need to die BEFORE Montignac is even conquered, and not at Provins? That's close to impossible - The Russians suck too much ass to put up a good fight there, and if I would kill them myself they'd shoot me.

Are you playing on cadet or veteren mode?

Its possible, especially on veteren. The other squad should get slaughtered as they try to reach Montignac if you don't do anything, and your squad will get ordered to retreat.

If you can't get it to work, kill the AT guy in your squad. You shouldn't get shot for shooting one friendly. The BMP can do the rest.

Failing that, just put in the campaign cheat and find it on the list if you really want to find it.