Sign in to follow this  
Rambo-16AAB

Unit Names in  the selection screen?

How do you change the way a units named in the selection screen ?

At the moment a player sees them a 1:1, 1:2 1:3 etc I would like those to be a Unit name Alpha Bravo Charley etc.

is this possible in AA?

Try changing the 'description' box on the unit within the editor, if that doesnt do it nothing will.

Try changing the 'description' box on the unit within the editor, if that doesnt do it nothing will.

And I bet it won't. There's no way I can see them being editable, sorry but I'm 99.9% positive about this.

If you want to change the text:

1-1-A (Which is group callsign) is possible to change it via setGroupId, but I'm not sure if it will change on MP pool screen, you will however see the difference in the briefing screen.

What I can say with certainty is that description field will change the 1: Team Leader or 2: Grenadier text to whatever you type in that field.

I think he's talking about the actual individual units within a group, who are only refered to by their number. Yes you can change the group ID, but not the individual units, they have to be numbers - that's the only way the engine supports the group structures.

I'll give that a try tonight. In our squad we have different regiments who have different roles. our players need to know which AI to replace so there doing the correct role. Finding out the unit role in the briefing is too late, so Im hoping to name them appropriately.

Ha a look at a BIS map, the descriptiion field contained:-

@STR_MP_ROLES_UNITSNAME_FOXTROT_LEADER

Whats the significance of the way thats written huh.gif

No relevance, that's just recovering a line from a stringtable so that description could be localised to the language the game is being played at.

You can type anything in the description field, and it will show as that in MP unit selection screen.