Sign in to follow this  
eJay

Sabotage mission - 8

I mean this mission which can be unlocked by completed another eariler (after defended camp with engineers). When I came out from forest and see base i also noticed 2 guards in towers and single-person patrol on the right. When I killed them (it's really silenced death) alarm turned on and on and on... How to avoid being detected?

It's really strange because I use M9 with silencer and nobody in base can see it or hear it, when I'm killing guards. But alarm always turned on, even when I'm far from base. Any solution?

Don't kill them, just crawl into the camp ***very carefully*** and place your satchels (the BMP might be very hard to reach). Then retreat to a safe distance, blow the satchels and get the hell out of there.

I actually got into the second tank and blasted the whole base to smithereens. Just make sure your first targets are the T-72 and the BMP, after that they don't have any AT capability left.

Sneak? How? Main gate is well guarded with few troops. Also road and entrance are a bit bright by truck's light.

Just crawl. Whenever soldiers come your way, lie still, they won't see you if they're more than ±5 meters away. At the gate, wait until the guards are moving away from you and immediately go under the truck. Wait until your heartrate is back to normal. smile_o.gif Continue to the second gate (with another truck) and repeat. You'll end up close to the first T72. Put a satchel under it, and continue on the left side of the barracks to the rear of the base (beware of guards). Don't go towards the BMP, the soldiers in the guard tower will spot you. Behind the barracks you'll find the second T72. Blow the satchel and climb in as gunner. Shoot the BMP, then take your time razing the base. Then drive SW towards the extraction point. Get out, put satchels, retreat further and blow them. Mission completed.

I hope you don't have a heart condition, I had some very tense moments in that mission.

There is a problem... When i crawled through first gate guards always spots me from =/- 20 meters... I hope there is another entrance... Guards are near the truck and watching gate.

Have you waited to see if the guard walks away at some point? I think I did shoot one guard that was standing about 30-40 m NE of the gate. Perhaps that changed something in the other guard's behavior. But the mission is indeed a pita...

Not if you only fire one shot. The second shot set off the alarm. I was playing on regular by the way, not veteran.

If this is the mission I mean there should be a hole in the fence near position you came from.

holepc3.png

After you get in the camp you can choose:

<ul>

[*]Silent way - sneak to tanks, place satchels, sneak out and blow it to hell

[*](Very) loud way - get into that T-72 right in front of the hole and kill everything that moves. Then destroy the tanks and get to extraction point wink_o.gif

Deadfast - great solution, big thx.

Gods, I've been crawling along that fence for ages and I didn't even see that! banghead.gif

hehe me to! I was looking for a hole but couldnt find one.

I put the C4 on the road just outside the main gate. Then started killing guards and as many crew as I could.

Then the tanks and bmps came out individually & I blew em up then.

It sucks by the way that the enemy can see you in pitch black darkness at over 100m away while prone in a bush without NV...

Doesn't supprise me, I've found the hole by a little cheating - took a look arround the base at day in the editor wink_o.gif .