Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

fired eventhandler problems

Situation:

Iam trying to create an Flashbang-sim addon, for this effect i want to create some small explosions ("ASFlash1" ammo that was created via config.cpp-addon) on the position of the flashbang ("ASFlashbang" ammo that was created via config.cpp-addon).

Best way to solve this, is to create an "fired" eventhandler for the unit. Here my problems start.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_p = _this select 0

_b = _this select 4

?_b != "ASFlashbang": exit

~0.5

_g = "ASFlash1" createVehicle [(GetPos _b select 0)+ random 5,(GetPos _b select 1)+ random 2,+0.01];

~ 0.4

_g = "ASFlash1" createVehicle [(GetPos _b select 0)+ random 5,(GetPos _b select 1)+ random 2,+0.01];

~ 0.3

exit

anyhow it dont works, i used the biki and all but no way.

Error message

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'_b= _this [#]select 4'

error Nullteiler

this is my eventhandler

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addeventhandler ["fired",{[_this select 0,_this select 4] exec "3b.sqs"}]

So if someone has an idea how to fix that problem, please help me.

Because you used [_this select 0,_this select 4] to call your script, _this select 4 would be the 2nd object in the array, and you are no longer passing on the whole array, and thus in your script you would have to use _this select 1. If that doesn't make sense, I'll attempt to explain it.

By default, the fired eventhandler passes on an array of 5 elements. This array would be the local variable _this in the code part of the eventhandler (the part in the {}'s), and would be the same thing as [_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2,_this select 3,_this select 4]. When you executed the script you pulled the unit (_this select 0) and the ammo (_this select 4) out and put it into a new array, so it would be [unit,ammo] exec "script". Now, in the script, you have a new local variable _this, you only passed on 2 elements, so in the script the _this variable would be equal to [unit,ammo]. So in order to retrieve the ammo, it would be the 2nd element in your _this array and thus you use _this select 1. So, ammo = _this select 1, since _this = [unit,ammo]. So in your script, you would need to set _b = _this select 1:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_p = _this select 0

_b = _this select 1

Or, you could just execute the script with a simple _this in place of the array, and it would be correct (as _this would be the same thing as [_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2,_this select 3,_this select 4], and you would pass all 5 elements on to the script). This might be a better idea, since if you ever need the other elements you can just define them in the script. Example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addeventhandler ["fired",{_this exec "3b.sqs"}]

I hope that's easy enough to understand.