Sign in to follow this  
MR_TROUBLE

Armed Assault EXE file not valid?

I searched the forums for an answer on this but couldn't really find it.

I'm in the USA and downloaded Armed Assault from Metaboli's website.  It was 2 files...the exe file and the bin file.  I also downloaded an english language pack.

I downloaded them into the same folder just as it directed me to do.

When I clicked on the exe file it said that the exe file was "not a valid win32 application".

Why would it say this?

I'm in contact with their tech support but I'd like to see if any other users have already been down this road.

I really miss OFP and haven't played in a few years...I would really love to get this ARMA game working so any help is appreciated.

AMD XP 2200

GeForce 4 7600

Onboard AC97 sound

2 GB ram

ArmA 1.01 German

DirectX 9.0c

Probably a corrupt download, you should try using a download manager if you didn't before.

Probably a corrupt download, you should try using a download manager if you didn't before.

Hi Placebo,

That was my first suspicion. Their tech support suggested the same thing regarding the download manager. I downloaded the manager they suggested and then redownloaded both files. I then got another error saying there was a missing DLL file. I then researched that issue and found a fix on Microsoft. So everything is working now and I was up until 3am playing this damn game.

With the initial experience of the errors and then getting immersed in a battle I made in the editor I'm getting reminded of everything I hated and loved about OFP...lol.

Thanks!