Sign in to follow this  
angrysquirrel

config: some input after end of file

Okay, patched game to 1.42. Running windows xp pro. Playing flashpoint multiplayer and game crashes and gives me an exception that reboots my system. I reboot my system and hop into gamespy. I host a gam and then get the following error in a dialogue box after I launch game:

"operation flashpoint: Config: some input after EndOfFile."

I went into flashpoint prefs to change my resolution and see if that would fix it. Nope. Tried reinstalling gamespy 1.08. Nope. Won't fix it. Repatched 1.42. Nope. Won't fix it. I don't want to have reinstall the 60+mb of patches (along with a reinstallation of flashpoint) just to get this to work again. Can anyone tell me how to make this problem go away. I can't believe that the game would be destroyed if the system crashed. (the fact the system crashed while playing the game is another story. I'll take the game with bugs that I can fix rather than have a game I can't play at all). Anyone run into this problem?

Does this BIS FAQ item answer your question?

Now why didn't someone just give the answer back then?

The link doesn't work now.

"Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again."

Do you have the same problem since your digging up a 7 year old thread?

Sounds like the fix would be to open the config and look for a "stop" code one too much.

STGN

Yes, not too much if you know about these things but I don't, that's why I'm looking for an answer.

I made a map which worked fine, now when I try to open it ArmA crashes and I don't know what's gone wrong or how to fix it.

You're not in the Arma section of the forum, but in the good old OFP one.

So I am!

Got to this thread via search.