Sign in to follow this  
KiwisDoFly

Attack on Arcadia 2.0

Here is a fun coop mission for you fellas!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

ATTACK ON ARCADIA 2.0

------------------------

Co-op mission for 1-43 players.

===================

Place it into the "Missions" folder in ArmA's main folder.

Quite a simple scenario. You play as the US forces on the Rahmadi island. Your

task is to gain a foothold into the main island by capturing Arcadia. How you do it is entirely, 100% up to you.

Under your command:

2x groups of pilots (3 men each)

2x groups of crewmen (3 men each)

3x squads of infantry (9 men each)

1x squad of special forces (4 men)

1x AH-6 helicopter

1x UH-60 helicopter

2x MH-6 helicopter

1x Stryker ICV

2x M113 APCs

2x 5t Open w/ machine gun trucks

3x RICX boats

2x Infatable boats

1x each of repair, ammo and fuel trucks.

Nothing is known about the enemy's strength.

The way I see it, you have several options:

1. Attack from the air - bomb the place to hell with the AH-6 then use the UH-60 and

MH-6 to land the troops.

2. Make a landing beside the town, create a staging area there, then move on and attack the town from there.

3. Make a sea landing with the M113's and the Stryker (don't know if it can swim).

REMEMBER: Unless you have 30 people playing this mission, leave the AI on - not only for the respawns, but for the simple fact that you'll need every single man you can spare. It's a hard mission.

If you can, tell all your players to take up Squad Leader positions.

You can advance time by using the Radio feature - for Special Forces kinda stuff.

THIS 2.0 VERSION INCLUDES:

- Briefing. My first ever, so it's a little rough.

- An actual ending. Yes.

- Made the mission a little easier and less frustrating. I moved a Shilka to a more approachable position, I removed AT soldiers from patrols, etc.

- RESPAWN! Die, and you take over an AI soldier.

- AMMO CRATES! A shitload of crates that contain pretty much every single weapon ever.

Please tell me if you have any suggestions, feedback or if you find bugs. My e-mail

Georg.b@gmail.com and GeorgeLeBoui is my AIM.

http://files.filefront.com//;6331627;;/

Enjoy!

I would love to hear any feedback you guys have on this mission. I fully intend on improving it and evolving it.

Well i didnt play it yet (nor any other one sad_o.gif)

I hope this week we can play some of the missions, be sure that when we do we will be back with some feedback for u.

I would love to hear any feedback you guys have on this mission. I fully intend on improving it and evolving it.

played it lastnight online with another guy. We both enjoyed the map. We didn't finish it before we had to go off for the night, but it was fun.

Me and a couple of HitSqd guys where playing it the other day, and we where confused as to why strykers, 5t transport trucks and M113's where placed on the island???

Strykers and troop trucks can't float and even thought the m113's do, they take 8-1/2 years to fairy across the ocean to the shore line. Maybe if you have a seperate armor outpost that players who spawn as "Crew" start at, or maybe it would have to be captured.

I thought about that, but having a few extra trucks and M113s doesn't hurt. When I play with other people, sometimes we use the trucks to take us to the boats.

Basides, you never know when you need a truck or an APC. You say they are useless now, but when you decide to have a 5t truck race to the death around the island all the while shooting eachother with the machine guns - it's useful!

What can I say - the people I play with are werid biggrin_o.gif

I thought about that, but having a few extra trucks and M113s doesn't hurt. When I play with other people, sometimes we use the trucks to take us to the boats.

Basides, you never know when you need a truck or an APC. You say they are useless now, but when you decide to have a 5t truck race to the death around the island all the while shooting eachother with the machine guns - it's useful!

What can I say - the people I play with are werid biggrin_o.gif

It doesn't hurt, but why not let them be used for the actual MISSION, not just pointless races around the island (which really makes me wonder if your even serious about your mission).

How about this, you could setup a beach base in 1 of 3 locations, once you have the area secure, the strykers and transport vehicles get deleted off the island and spawned on the beach with a couple of tents to signify a outpost of some sort.

To be truthful, you comment about how it doen't hurt maybe true, but it doesn't make much sense either.

Quote[/b] ]How about this, you could setup a beach base in 1 of 3 locations, once you have the area secure, the strykers and transport vehicles get deleted off the island and spawned on the beach with a couple of tents to signify a outpost of some sort.

Thats a good suggestion, and something I'll think about in the future, but maybe for another mission - not this one. I don't want to destroy the balance and add unnecessary complexity.

Right now, you agree on a plan with your mates, you get on the choppers or boats, you race to the island, land, and attack the city. If you fail, try again.

If you fail and get frustrated, do some fooling around! Even if you just want a mission where you have access to vehicles and various weapons - you can load up my mission and do whatever you want.

I've actually been testing the mission out with the group I play with (5-10 people). We like serious stuff, and we play as a team. We also like to have fun sometimes and just fool around. What I found with the existing co-op missions is that a lot of them don't let you have much fun. So I converted this mission, which I originally made for single player as a test, and people liked it.

Don't get me wrong, I love taking things serious and "realistic" and with that mindset I made this mission, but like I said before, sometimes you just want to have fun and you can do that in this mission too.

The way I see it, a good multiplayer mission has to be balanced in terms of length/difficulty, open-ended-ness (to a certain degree), and have potential for just mindless dicking around.

I feel like I covered all the bases, though I would admit that it's on the difficult side of things.