Sign in to follow this  
C4P741N

Synchronizing Time...

I'm making a MP mission that uses a time skip script to make 24hrs pass in 60 minutes but the client times aren't synchronized, so one player is fighting during the day and the other at night. I don't know alot about scripts (bar how to use them), I was hoping someone could tell me of a way to make the below script (or one that does the same job) synced on all machine on a non dedicated server.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; [60] exec "time.sqs"

; *****************************************************

private ["_DLapse", "_IncTime"];

; Time in minutes a day in-game will take

_DLapse = _this select 0

_IncTime = ((24/_DLapse)/60)

; Time acceleration loop

#loop

~.04

skipTime (_incTime *.04)

goto "loop"

edit: The script is exec'd from the init.sqs (if that matters).

Armed Assault adds two new scripting commands, "date" and "setDate". Combined with publicVariable it could be possible to have a script that synchronizes time between clients every minute or so.

As for basic OFP/Resistance, I don't think it is possible as there is no way to get or set current mission date explicitly.

If you change the wait time in the loop to a larger number you could reduce the time desync. I suggest you make it as long as you can without making the sun warp across the sky  wink_o.gif

An idea for sync (without having changed the wait time):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; [60] exec "time.sqs"

; *****************************************************

private ["_DLapse", "_IncTime"];

; Time in minutes a day in-game will take

_DLapse = _this select 0

_IncTime = ((24/_DLapse)/60)

_skips=1

; Time acceleration loop

#loop

?_skips/1000<Sync:goto "Next"

~.04

#Next

?_skips/1000<Sync+1:skipTime (_incTime *.04);_skips=_skips+1

goto "loop"

Then have a script running on the server like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#Loop

~40

Sync=Sync+1

PublicVariable "Sync"

goto "Loop"

Also add this to init.sqs:

Sync=0

The client should now be synced to 1000 skips in 40 seconds if I didnt mess up somewhere  wink_o.gif

@InqWiper, thanks for the input, I'll be testing this tomorrow. thumbs-up.gif

@feersum, unfortunately I live in a 505 country so ArmA seems like an age away still.

@CSL, I've tried but my mind won't grasp it. banghead.gif