Sign in to follow this  
Paco454

Ai tanks, and other armor + H wooes BUGS

Tanks won't fire on me yet I have set them in the editor to 100% skill. Only when I shoot a machine gun at them do they fire, otherwise I can walk right up on them, past them, around them. Armor with ATGM just ignore me yet they to are set to 100% skill. Only AT soldiers detect my presince and actually fire on me. I can drive through a town full of tanks and ATGM BMP's and not one will shoot at me unless I fire off a bullet at them. Kinda stupid if you ask me. Anti air armor seem to be working fine and attack aircraft as expected.

I ask that enemy armor detection and response by the AI be increased as to reflect and match this situation. When an enemy tank, bmp ATGM, or any armored weapon is sitting in front of me 100 yards away, it see's me and fires on me with it's cannon/guns/missille as it should with out me firing a shot. If I get out of my tank, I expect the machine gunner to open fire at me as it should.

The current situation doesn't reflect this and I concider it a bug.

Also when I place a H invisable or not and then move it, (or even delete it), somewhere else the air AI still see it and try to land there even though their waypoints and the H have been moved away from it. I concider this a bug as well.

Thank you,

System Specs

DFI Lanparty UT nf4 SLI-D (BIOS) 03/10/05

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego S939 @ 2.8GHZ

OCZ 2GB PC4000 EB Platinum Edition Dual DDR/2 x 1024MB

2x BFG GeForce 7800GTX 256meg (SLI)

SoundBlaster Audigy 2

Maxtor 40+80+120 Gig Drives

Enermax 600W EG701AX-VE SFMA Power supply

Thermalright XP 90c heatsink /w 92mm highflow fan

WinXP Pro SP2

PACO454