Sign in to follow this  
BigQEd

Linux Dedicated Server

I am sure there are threads long buried asking about this, however, any additional news on a Linux Server release. Hopefully with the US version release?

Atleast with Linux we could get more infomation on crashes, have a little better stability and higher capacity. wink_o.gif

I truly believe without a Linux release ArmA/BIS is limiting itself. Most game hosting providers prefer Linux (only use linux). Most folks who are in the know when it comes to running a gaming server prefer Linux.

*ducks*

Not sure I follow...

Are you saying that they are working hard on a Linux Server edition? Awesome if that is the case.... where did BIS state that?

Or are you saying they work hard and don't ask about Linux? heh

We know they work hard... we appreciate what they do... but on the other hand we are customers too. smile_o.gif

I wish BIS success... just would like to know if a Linux Server version is in the works. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I truly believe without a Linux release ArmA/BIS is limiting itself. Most game hosting providers prefer Linux (only use linux). Most folks who are in the know when it comes to running a gaming server prefer Linux

Well most use linux cause its free and dont wanna pay the windows licence but windows is faster then linux unless you had the sorce code of the game to run on linux which would make it faster but unlikey to get that lol

windows is faster then linux unless you had the sorce code of the game to run on linux which would make it faster but unlikey to get that lol

Completly false statement nothing else to be said.

Any news yet?

It's a shame what they do to the clans as most of them host linux servers, including mine.

Keep in mind BI, that when a clan cannot setup a server, most clan members will not buy the game.

So, no Linux Server, much less customers.

Quote[/b] ]Any news yet?

It's a shame what they do to the clans as most of them host linux servers, including mine.

Keep in mind BI, that when a clan cannot setup a server, most clan members will not buy the game.

So, no Linux Server, much less customers.

u are right... people wont stick around waiting much longer... ive been waiting absolute yonks for this linux software and it hasnt come, i don't think it will come for quite along time too, possibly well into 07 before they will release it. They never even bothered releasing dedicated linux software for ofp for like 3 years wasnt it? and CWC was never lucky enough to have linux support either, BIS hate providing for linux.. its so obvious.. windows always comes first, when the majority of people prefer their clan servers on linux its really stupid BIS.. but you probaly wouldnt even read this so w/e.

No news here and no need for bumping. BI will announce a news related to the linux ded exe here as soon as/if there is something to announce. smile_o.gif