Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Ack

West Vs. East Scripted Template

***DOWNLOAD***

Mission Template by Ack

December 4th 2006

This template is used to create missions in Armed Assault and alleviate you from having to trouble shoot the objective triggers and such so you can focus on other aspects of the mission.

Contents:

Complete: 12 fully working objectives (Ack)

Complete: 2 Ë hour time skip (Ack)

Complete: Intro Text (Ack, Daywalker)

Not Released: Briefing with Objective links inside

Not Released: Intro Cam

Not Released: Spawn from Object, Activated from Trigger (Doolittle Script)

Not Released: Custom Sounds

Not Released: GPS Markers

Not Released: Mission Parameters

Not Released: Respawn

Not Released: AI Seeker Script

Not Released: Armory

How the Objectives work:

When you start all of the objectives are hidden preventing players from completing them out of order, the only Objective that they can see is the 1st Objective. As they complete the objectives the others become Active until you get to the Objective 12 and the Mission Ends. Let’s take a look at what happens when you complete an Objective

Mechanics:

The default setting is set to remove “East/OPFOR†from the Trigger Area, as an alternative you could group this trigger to a radio tower, etc.. Having your target be to blow up the target or remove the tower from the trigger area.

“BLUFOR†removes “OPFOR†from the Obj1 Trigger Area

Misc\Obj1 – Objective 1 Flag changes from Iran to USFlag

(Customize in the “misc†file [Obj1 – Obj12])

Misc\Obj1 – Objective 1 changes from colorRed/Flag to colorBlack/Flag1, Obj2 Marker changes from colorRed/Empty to colorRed/Flag (This was hidden from the player but now they can see the objective. Customize in the “misc†file [Obj1 – Obj12])

Objcomp - Time Script Activated skipping 2 Ë hours of time

(Customize in the objcomp script file)

Objective Trigger - Short music clip plays

(Customizable in the triggers with in game sounds)

Flags:

Flags can me changed by opening them up in Photoshop or MSPaint. Simply paste your image on to the flag and save in the correct location.

Intro Text:

You can edit this very easily in the intro text file. Just take your Mission name and delete one letter so that it appears how I have it in the Intro Text file. If you need to add more lines just copy and paste the lines accordingly.

Special thanks to Doolittle, Fraghaus, AverageJoe, OFP BI Forums, and Armed Assault Zone

If you have any issues or if there is something you think should be added please write me an e-mail and I will respond with in short period of time.

Charlie_spruce@hotmail.com

“Ackâ€

P.S. - Give me some more time to get this together, as of right now I've worked in the editor twice as many hours as I've had time to actually play the game. Oh yeah and an example mission is included so you can get the idea of how it all works.

If you are wondering how this all started you can look at the one I made for OFP/REShere.

Hey Charile, nice to see you making templates for ArmA biggrin_o.gif