Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

More than one Campaign ending?

Well yesterday i finished the ArmA campaign, had to "endmission" two missions though as even after few tries they simply did not end ( the Tank attack you also find in the SP missions that also doesnt end there and the last mission ).

In the last mission i think i wiped nearly every SLA unit off the map and investigated the place i was ordered too but it just didnt end.

If anyone has played this mission aswell then... isnt that the same camp as in the mission before?

At this part it really felt like BIS had to finish the campaign cause they ran out of time... especially cause a certain someone shoots at us in this mission and at the end noone even mentions it... odd.

Also how comes i dint see Mr.Chiba or the King in any cutscene?

Sois there maybe a alternative ending or something?

Or is this campaign just kinda unfinished?

Played all possible sidemissions i think but they also dont help to solve this as they just seem to be some thrown in missions to stretch the campaign a bit.

Enlighten me!  smile_o.gif

All campaign/missions discussions belong in ArmA:OM.

Moving.

Ah thanks, didnt think of that section...Doh!

But as i noticed theres already a thread about that topic so i guess this one here could be closed.

I don't think there's multiple endings... though I've only completed it once, so I'm not certain.

The campaign actually has a really good story, I think it just wasn't told very well, or at least not laid out well enough for most people.

SPOILER BELOW-------------------------------------------

Lots of people don't understand why the Royals attack you in that one mission, and think that the campaign sucks because of it, especially since they claim it's totally unexplained later. It's 100% obvious why they attacked, and it's 100% obvious why it's not mentioned later.

The royals attacked you, because it's in the mission just after you've discovered that it was the royals, not the SLA that killed all those people in those towns. That squad was told to dispose of the squad that found out their secret, i.e. YOU.

And why it's not mentioned later... When has the US military ever admitted a mistake? Close to the beginning of the game, the reporters say that the north stated that they were invading the south to liberate them from their opressors. Turns out that they had the right idea, but the US decided to help the south, and conquer the north. Not exactly something that they were proud of in the end, I would expect, once they found out that their buddies the southerners were actually a bunch of murdering lowlifes.

END OF SPOILER----------------------------------------

Anyway, that's what I got from the campaign. You just have to develop your skill at reading between the lines.