Sign in to follow this  
stealth32

Couple of editor questions

'ello all. Just got a couple quick questions about this ArmA editor.

1. Is it possible to rotate units placed on the map in the Mission Wizard (Seize the Area for example)?

2. How in the world do I open an existing map made by either someone else, or official? One reason I would like to do this is to try and convert the campaign to coop so a few buddies and I can play. Noticed in another section of the forum all that really needs to be done is add more spawn points (which I know how to do).

3. Is there any way to edit what kind of vehicles and/or personell are in each group through the mission wizard.

I did do some searches before I posted. Didn't come up with any information.

To be honest, the mission wizzard would be a lot more limited than editing freehand. If you get familiar with the editor you wouldn't really have any use for the wizzard, which is only there for people who are unfamiliar with the full editor. I have no idea how the mission wizzard has changed in ArmA since OFP, but you probably have to use the 'real' editor to do these things. It shouldn't be hard though, and it takes about 5 minutes to figure out the basics (such as rotating elements and changing object types).

And as for opening the existing missions, you need to first dePBO them (if they're in PBO format) and put them in your user missions folder. It's a little more difficult than the other two operations.

1. Is it possible to rotate units placed on the map in the Mission Wizard (Seize the Area for example)?

Assuming this havent changed in ArmA:

click a unit, hold shift, and move your mouse with lmb pressed.

You can fine tune this with the Azimuth control if you double click a unit.

Assuming this havent changed in ArmA:

click a unit, hold shift, and move your mouse with lmb pressed.

You can fine tune this with the Azimuth control if you double click a unit.

He is talking about the Mission Wizzard, not the editor. You don't have such advanced options in the wizzard.

Ah ok. What I figured but thought I would ask just in case I missed something.

As posted above, is there any way to open the campaign maps, etc in the full editor? Can't seem to find any info on it.

Guess I need to start delving into stuff and see how to do patrol's, etc with the full editor. My forté is modelling, not scripting/coding though huh.gif

As posted above, is there any way to open the campaign maps, etc in the full editor? Can't seem to find any info on it.

Read my first post. wink_o.gif

Doh, missed that part. banghead.gif I actually grabbed a dePbo tool the other day and tried placing the missions in various folders. Never did show up in the editor list. Edit button wasn't present either.

I've had the basics figured out but was trying to avoid scripting, etc. I've tried coding in the past and it just drives me up the wall. Hate it with a passion.

Would of been nice to be able to do point and clicks for simple things like patrol's, etc. Maybe there is a way but I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks for the info.

Depends how complex you want your patrol, and how much time you want to spend on it.

You can use the move waypoints and at the end of the chain put a 'CYCLE' waypoint, and they will repeat all the waypoints in reverse order.

Make sure you have 'Advanced' mode on, otherwise the options are rather .... limited.

Make sure you have 'Advanced' mode on, otherwise the options are rather .... limited.

Now I thought someone said that the Easy mode was removed in ArmA (since it was pretty useless), and that the editor is always on 'Advanced' mode.

Now I thought someone said that the Easy mode was removed in ArmA (since it was pretty useless), and that the editor is always on 'Advanced' mode.

Didn't even check that ... its true though, no more 'Easy' mode.

Maybe one of you could tell me how to Edit waypoints in the wizzard. When I double left one i get the option box, but can't seem to get anything to change.