Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Tanks on dedicated Servers don't move on dedserver

(Title of coarse should've been "Tanks on dedicated Servers don't move proper")

Version: v1.01 Czech. Clients aswell as servers.

Dedicated server, any mission

Tested dedserver on multi machines:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+, 1024mb ddr1 400mhz, LAN, VISTA 32bit RTM, EN

AMD Opteron 2000mhz, 3gb ddr1 400mhz, INTERNET, 2003 SP1, EN

AMD Opteron 2000mhz, 2gb ddr1 400mhz, INTERNET, 2003 SP1, EN

Amount of clients and who is playing has no effect, not even when alone.

Symptom:

When a mission is edited and tried in the ingame server, tanks etc. drive properly to their waypoints, and do as they are told to do (by waypoints etc. etc) as soon as the same mission, untouched, is run in a dedicated server setup, the tanks do not move and stand still, altough sometimes there is some movement.

Workaround:

Figured out that they will drive proper if you manually put the gunner, driver and commander in empty tanks (by using moveingunner, moveindriver etc), and the leader needs to be driver, not commander as per default, then they all drive without hassle, just as when tested on an ingame server.

In large groups, I made all the drivers higher ranks than the gunners and commanders, so when the leader(s) die, another driver will take over. And this all seems to run very well..

ps, if the leader in the group is infantry and not in a vehicle, then it also works proper

If I am missing out details that BIS needs, feel free to let me know, I will reply ASAP.

Thread regarding mission makers incl. example mission on the workaround, here

Nice work sickboy.

Not sure how you find the time for all this, but the community bows to your excellence.

Well at least I do. wink_o.gif

Thanks!