Sign in to follow this  
The-Tim

Arma Use of Computer Resources

hello, I just got my german copy of Arma.

My problem is that it isn't running smooth on my system, so i wan't to upgrade my system.

I'm planning to buy a new GFX Card Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS, the next gen video card. My other specs are Amd Athlon 34 3500+ and 1GB of ram.

Do you guys think my processor is still good enough,that it can keep with the 8800GTS i can also put one Gig of ram more, but i don't have the money for new processor and Mainboard.

Greetz

Hey there,

i don´t know but... have you allready tryed the Hotfix for the German version? If you did so please tell us your the parts of your system wich are currently installed on our PC.

Maybe you just need a new Driver version for your Video card.

You can also check out what kind of CPU´s can be used on your Mainboard. I don´t think that Athlon 3500+ is the only one.

So please just write down your current system and will help you with that problem.

You can add me to your ICQ if you use it. So we can talk in german smile_o.gif.

So long...

greetings

[TK]Moore[sgt]

Moore[sgt] @ Dec. 02 2006,19:03)]Hey there,

i don´t know but... have you allready tryed the Hotfix for the German version? If you did so please tell us your the parts of your system wich are currently installed on our PC.

Maybe you just need a new Driver version for your Video card.

You can also check out what kind of CPU´s can be used on your Mainboard. I don´t think that Athlon 3500+ is the only one.

So please just write down your current system and will help you with that problem.

You can add me to your ICQ if you use it. So we can talk in german smile_o.gif.

So long...

greetings

[TK]Moore[sgt]

Thanx for the response, and thx for the ICQ invitation, but I'm from Belgium, I Imported the game. I'm not that good in Deutsch, only got it 2 hours a week at school. but ok, here are my system specs:

- AMD Athlon 64 3500+

- MSI K8N Neo4-F, S 939 NVIDIA Nforce4 4x, ATX, PCIe

- Leadtek PX6600GT TDH Extreme Geforce 6600GT,128MB, PCIe

- 1024 MB Ram Geheugen

- 320 GB 7200RPM Hard Disk

- Sony Dual Layer DVD Schrijver

I did update my game. And yeah i can run it smooth if i turn everything including resolution on low. But I wanne play in a little higher resolution. So I'm going to buy a new GFX card, i think that is my weakest part of my pc at the moment. If i buy a 8800GTS, do you think my 3500+ will still be good enough? or will i still have performance problems because of my CPU then.

Greetz

unless you want to go for a completely new built pc...this is what i would do in your position (that i am really...:))

i would upgrade ur gfx card to the 8800, then check the performance again. If the performance is not good enough then you can go for a x2 amd64 higher than your processor..

One by one and with trial and error you can see if only gfx card is enough.

I have an amd64 4000+ 2.4ghz mono core and 6800gt 256ram, and at the moment the cpu is working up to 100% and even with everything on very low settings fps during game is around 20. So planning to upgrade first my gfx card and take it from there.. wink_o.gif