Sign in to follow this  
matthewdenn

Operation Flashpoint 2 Fixed Entrenchments Suggest

I think that Marek Å paněl and Ondrej, you could implement the following improvements in Operation Flashpoint 2:

1) Allow players to dig one man or two man fighting positions.

2) Allow for weapon handling which is just a TAD more realistic. (I know that this is a tactical simulator, and I like the realism in the gun wobble while moving, but I can hold a machine pistol like the Skorpion or the Tokarev in real life relatively steady while trotting or walking rapidly at the very least. I think that the pistol modeling while on the move should be a little more realistic, however still retain the aspects of realism.

3) Allow the custom faces in single player mode.

4) The "Medic, Position DE46 or Need Ammo, Position FC34" commands never really do anything. I think that if there is a medic in formation and you give that command he should come to you or your wounded buddies and be able to heal them.

5) You should be ABLE TO SHOOT OUT VEHICLES! I know that the BMP was designed for this, and you should definitely be able to shoot out of the back of the URAL, the JEEPS, etcetera.

6) It might be beneficial to have the grenades explode on a timed fuse like in real life instead of on contact with the ground.

7) Also, many times I have been in a crouching position and trying to throw grenades through the windows of buildings and I cannot because they hit the wall in front of me and explode even though I am aiming directly out the window.

8) Players should be able to issue commands to their units to "hug the ridges". Like if you have your formation in a line formation or a vee formation and you get to a crest or a area of cover and you want them to hug the ridge or crest of the hill and not go over it and expose themselves to fire because the A.I. is stupid. I always work around it by just telling the infantry exactly where I want them to go if I get in this type of a situation by ordering each individual unit to a position on the map but that gets tedious sometimes.

I will try to post any other suggestions I have.

Thanks for your great work again and the creation of this awesome tactical shooter!

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]1) Allow players to dig one man or two man fighting positions.

This is one of the most important aspects of infantry combat.

Agree 110%

Quote[/b] ]3) Allow the custom faces in single player mode.

This is currently possible, with a little homework.

Quote[/b] ]5) You should be ABLE TO SHOOT OUT VEHICLES! I know that the BMP was designed for this, and you should definitely be able to shoot out of the back of the URAL, the JEEPS, etcetera.

Capitals rarely get anything done quicker. BIS has been inundated with this request already. It has already been implemented in the military convoy trainers. If it hasn't been deemed top secret and military only we might see it.

Quote[/b] ]6) It might be beneficial to have the grenades explode on a timed fuse like in real life instead of on contact with the ground.

Once again, this is currently possible.

Quote[/b] ]7) Also, many times I have been in a crouching position and trying to throw grenades through the windows of buildings and I cannot because they hit the wall in front of me and explode even though I am aiming directly out the window.

There are rumours that the issue of 'clipping' will be resolved in Armed Assault. Cross your fingers.

Quote[/b] ]8) Players should be able to issue commands to their units to "hug the ridges". Like if you have your formation in a line formation or a vee formation and you get to a crest or a area of cover and you want them to hug the ridge or crest of the hill and not go over it and expose themselves to fire because the A.I. is stupid. I always work around it by just telling the infantry exactly where I want them to go if I get in this type of a situation by ordering each individual unit to a position on the map but that gets tedious sometimes.

AIs should do this automatically.

The next game has got to have foxholes and trenches. IMHO an infantry combat simulator is not realistic if the troops can't protect themselves. Was hoping AA had this but unfortunately it's landscape engine has same limitation as OFP.

yeah trenches are needed, the closest we have are builtup walls and stuff like that.

Quote[/b] ]5)  You should be ABLE TO SHOOT OUT VEHICLES!  I know that the BMP was designed for this, and you should definitely be able to shoot out of the back of the URAL, the JEEPS, etcetera.

Capitals rarely get anything done quicker. BIS has been inundated with this request already. It has already been implemented in the military convoy trainers. If it hasn't been deemed top secret and military only we might see it.

Remember PC Format little preview? There's stated that the Game 2 interiors can be explored on foot, so exactly the same what we saw on VBS videos  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]1)  Allow players to dig one man or two man fighting positions.

This is one of the most important aspects of infantry combat.

Agree 110%  

Quote[/b] ]3)  Allow the custom faces in single player mode.

This is currently possible, with a little homework.

Quote[/b] ]5)  You should be ABLE TO SHOOT OUT VEHICLES!  I know that the BMP was designed for this, and you should definitely be able to shoot out of the back of the URAL, the JEEPS, etcetera.

Quote[/b] ]6)  It might be beneficial to have the grenades explode on a timed fuse like in real life instead of on contact with the ground.

Once again, this is currently possible.

Quote[/b] ]7)  Also, many times I have been in a crouching position and trying to throw grenades through the windows of buildings and I cannot because they hit the wall in front of me and explode even though I am aiming directly out the window.

There are rumours that the issue of 'clipping' will be resolved in Armed Assault. Cross your fingers.

Quote[/b] ]8)  Players should be able to issue commands to their units to "hug the ridges".  Like if you have your formation in a line formation or a vee formation and you get to a crest or a area of cover and you want them to hug the ridge or crest of the hill and not go over it and expose themselves to fire because the A.I. is stupid.  I always work around it by just telling the infantry exactly where I want them to go if I get in this type of a situation by ordering each individual unit to a position on the map but that gets tedious sometimes.

AIs should do this automatically.

I actually have been able to use the custom faces thing, but it always looks so contorted and bizarre that I gave up on the custom faces thing. The interface and method whereby you can upload a custom face definitely needs to be improved and integrated into the game better.

Also a melee function would be interesting.  I think that 99.99 % of the time you wouldn't use it but it would make it more realistic.  The trench recommendation absolutely must be introduced though for OFP2.  That will add a new dynamic to the game.

Oh yeah and another thing. Am I the only one that gets highly annoyed when, oh, say you're in a building like that one mission where you have to hold the town against American armor and your building gets destroyed by a M1A1 or M60 round bombardment and you're like trapped in there on the second floor sometimes making "wheeew wheeeew" noises while crawling around in the attic in vain as you're trying to escape your claustrophobic predicament?