Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Question: Things that can be permanently changed?

Alright. I know of a few things that can be changed on your personal OFP that can be loaded into MP game's that are not considered "cheating".

1. The Modern Sky Pack.

2. Kegety's Sky Pack

3. FFUR

4. ECP

5. WGL

6. FFUR (Unactivated) but still have music/sounds with normal OFP effects.

7. Dxdll (FX & Framerate counter)

Is there anymore? I heard something about the nightvision goggles and them allowing you to see better without the large amount of static everwhere.. is this true? And are there anymore "ligit/optional" ofp tweeks and goodies out there can can be changed and played on MP servers?

PS: I know mods (FFUR/ECP/WGL) crash servers, but things like sounds don't. I'm just wondering about things that CAN be changed.

It all depends on what files server admin wants to check. From games point of view changing sky, nvgoggles or unit textures to bright white are just the same - you override data.pbo with something else.

True. But I am asking people if they know of any "data.pbo"s for download that can/will work in some servers. What "data.pbo's" have been created to say that they will pose a certain "effect".

Example: Where could I find this nightvision fix/edit static "data.pbo".

I often get "modified file 'data/data.pbo'" etc, but since I allways put FX and stuff in folders, the admin most often sees that I come in with "@llaumax" "@modulsky" etc, and he won't kick me.

Though, sometimes, they miss it the first 2 times, but I get in and explain it to them and they understand tounge2.gif