Sign in to follow this  
sigop215

Waypoints Vs Scripted Move

I am attempting to create a few missions/Machinima videos with some Canadian Forces Troops.

The mission starts out with a convoy of a few medium cargo trucks and some light gun trucks. I set up a few triggers along the way to camcreate some shells/grenades to simulate the initial contact with the ambush. My initial problem is that if the troops are set to anything but safe/careless they scatter off the hardpack into possible minefields. Would disableing the AI "move" and using move scripts to force the vehciles into position (would they follow the roads? or drive straight to the point?) or would a lockWP/Force WP (can't remember the command right now) be more effective.

Next when the first and last vehicles are scripted to be destroyed thus stopping any forward or backwards movement of the convoy. I want the troops to debus to the opposite side of the ambush and then extract themselves out of the situation. What would be more "friendly" using a setpos relative to the vehicle they are in so that the passenger/driver doesn't debus on the side of the ambush. Thus simulating crawling over the centre console and get out the other side. Or is there a command that could be used to say in a 2 door cargo truck to move everyone from the cargo to the passenger/driver seat and eject them from there?

Last question for the moment would be during the self-extraction the troops would move like this.. after the commander believes they have won the firefight the commander give the order to peel left/right. the last man in the direction the peel left/right is going runs down the line. as he passes the 2nd last guy he yells "last man!" and continues down the line until he's 3-5m beyond the first man, kneels/turns in the direction of the enemy. after a few seconds after being told "last man" that soldier gets up and then repeats the same process. The last person at their respective vehicle will toss an explosive into the vehicle to disable it and render it useless to the enemy. Ive decided to use satchel packs or a simple setdammage to simulate this. Again my problem repeats as the vehicle part.. .would setting individual wp for each man thus not haveing to disable part of the ai (I've read it cannot be reenabled) or just setting the move via script.

As it stands right now. The scene will be played out completely by the AI right now. I will attempt to re-edit at a later time to allow players to jump into the fray.

Thanks in advance