Sign in to follow this  
Wabbit

Help with Intro Cutscene and Waypoints?

I'm trying to fix a mission that I created about 4 years ago before I dropped off the world. Now that I'm back, I've found that my newer, faster computer does weird things to my intro cutscene.

I had made a really nice cinematic style cutscene by using waits (~5, etc.) in my script. As I understand it, this is not the right way to do this, and I should somehow use triggers and synchronized waypoints.

I have no idea how to do this and I can't find a tutorial to explain it to me. Can anyone help me?

As an example, there are about 10 different scenes in the intro. On my old PC, I set the wait in the scripts long enough so that all the vehicles were in place when the cutscene moved to the correct camera.

But now, running on a faster PC, I see that that the vehicles must have already moved on, so they don't show up.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

There's a forum section called: MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING

Try your luck there..

Oh, sorry... I started at the top of BI Forums and saw "Operation Flashpoint" and didn't scroll down further. Since I didn't see anything like that under that link, I thought the General page was my best bet.