Sign in to follow this  
scrisp

Saving more than ocnce in a mission?

Okay, so this has probably been asked a bazillion times, if it has, sorry for the repost.  I ran a search and it didn't come up with anything and the search took about 10 minutes to complete.

I thought that there was a way that once you save during a mission, you can save again, but I can't figure out what key to push and what command to use, anybody want to help me out?

I just started playing the Russians and it seems like there are way less save points in the missions.  I'm on the mission where you have to assasinate the 3 officers on their way to the summit, and I've killed the first two and still no save point.

Thanks,

Scott

I'm not sure what the previous post does, but what I did was alt-tab back to the desktop, open explorer to where the game saves (under users\name) and find the save.fps. I then rename it something easy, like save.fps.1 and then alt-tab back into the game. Then I un-pause, re-pause and I am now able to save a second time.

A little involved, but goes quick.

Or you could do what kutya said: wink_o.gif

When IN GAME, press shift and - (numpad) keys simultaneously. Release them, then type savegame. You can't see it being typed, just press those keys like you are typing. smile_o.gif

What exactly does that do?

Does it over write the save you already had? That's cool if you don't need your previous one.

Man, people here could be more helpful with people who may not know as much...

I tried this and all it did was to zoom out the screen.  Do I need a patch or something? I tried to type the command after it zoomed out and the keystrokes did what they normally do.

BTW... Thanks to all that replied!!! biggrin_o.gif

Press shift, then press "-" on numpad (don't release shift), then release them both. Then type savegame. It should work, sure works for me. wink_o.gif Screen is zoomed out when you press shift, but don't let it distract you, just follow the procedure. smile_o.gif