Sign in to follow this  
Lepardi

Singleplayer experience

This is what makes me buy the game. I want a story like in CWC and it's expansions, but it seems like there's not an exact plot in ArmA, just something like "Enemy has that town in his hands. Go and seize the town, then hold it during the enemy counterattack." no cutscenes or anything else that moves on the story, just a guy and conflict, shoot and kill everyone. *sigh*

In CWC it had the feeling you were there... it was something special. It was fun to be the only one alive from your squad and survive. Was scary to hear a BMP coming towards you from far away and all.

What I'm asking here is that are they going to make a good plot in the campaign and give us a great singleplayer experience like in CWC, or just concentrate on multiplayer and make a short, boring campaign.

What also worries me is the trailers. They turn out to be the basic "Explosive action" crap. The CWC trailer was awesome, it was exciting.

Basic premise of the single player story is covered in numerous interviews, the summation you posted shows that you haven't read many of them.

The storyline is not to be discussed beyond the elements we cover in interviews, for the simple reason it's a story that should be discovered by the player as he plays it, not spoiled on some forum or website.

The campaign quite obviously tells a story, it does so in cutscenes and other ways.