Sign in to follow this  
UKPUSHER

MY LASER WAS WORKIN FINE

Ok i had the laser workin fine .........i could see the red dot and my bombs were dead on target.........i came to my map today got out the laser designator targeted a tank but i see no red dot now and it boots me back to desktop no error message ....

i cant understand because i havent installed any unofficial addons or changed any of my settings

its just my laser blackop  all of a sudden this problem

has come from nowhere.........ive reinstalled 3 times [correctly] by using the right order of patches 1.20 then 1.30  WHAT THE #### IS GOIN ON

this is a pic what i took before this myserious bug got me

laser.jpg

as u can see my red dot was working[btw it looks bright cos i altered it for easier viewing]

(Edited by UKPUSHER at 7:39 pm on Nov. 17, 2001)

Or actualy....

Because you have uninstalled 3 times it might be the patch you downloaded..... re download see if it still happens

Yep i just had the same idea ......settings /control panel /here i come[again]

aagggggggh i just redownloaded both patches .........applied them succesully but still when i

left click on a target with the designator i can count to 3 then boom back to destop..........also my kiowa laser is also doin the same thing now

yesterday i thought it was this ......i downloaded devils unofficial breaching charge [which also uses the day blackop] and i was convinced that his blackop had overwrote my laser blackops code [or whatever]

so i deleted the addon but i still have this problem

thats what brought me to reinstalling again im back to square one and i want my f&%ing laser dot back

RIGHT ..........i even tryed this ...........i deleted my LASER GUIDED.PBO from addons and i got my brother to send me his a copy of his LASER GUIDED PBO i put it in my addons and i still have this problem

can someone from BIS pls tell me which file contains all the laser dot codes and information and ill get it of a m8 and replace my corrupted file PLEASE

Any of you try a FULL reinstall? Uninstall OFP then delete EVERYTHING from the dir, install OFP and get everything again?

My dot has vanished too!! I used to have a nice l'il dot, upgraded to WinXP now it's gone...sad.gif I liked my l'il dot.

not just my dot has gone when i target with laser it crashes to desktop now ..........no error messages

i wouldnt mind if my dot had gone i just wanna be ablr to do my massive bombing map again without it crashing sad.gif

im just glad to see im not the only one smile.gif

this just means its worth fixing

Whoa! Hold! Stop!

RED DOT?

Without going into details with explaining my whole procedure install/uninstall/reinstall, i went from 1.20 to 1.30, and NEVER had any reddot in the laser sight, just the white diamond designator icon.

Naturally, they LGBs, Hellfires and all the other taxpayers missiles are on a random killing spree, killing all sorts of local Malden, Everon and Kolgujev plant species.....very sad indeed.

TopCover out.

increase your geometry performance it helped with me put it over 1000 if it isnt allrdy

Hmmm

I with top stop the press! I have never seen a screen shot like that(DESIGNATOR)WHERED YOU GET THAT ?AS well as taking pics of your screen .I have been in place as well as everyone where I wanted a screenshot .I have locked on targets but never seen a dot .1.20,1.30 or 1.4

Shocker_rob

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (shockerob @ Jan. 07 2002,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have been in place as well as everyone where I wanted a screenshot .I have locked on targets but never seen a dot .1.20,1.30 or 1.4<span id='postcolor'>

Search The FAQ for "laser dot" and you'll know why.