Sign in to follow this  
coderdfox

Custom Faces

The real problem is not one that is solveable by BIS or anyone for that matter. No matter what they put in the game, or keep out of the game there is one key element that no one can control: the human player.

When you stir into the mix human players for a multiplayer game, you suddenly draw out every worm and cockroach from under the woodwork. We end up with Homer laughing and fart sounds, you get clown and mime faces, you get people named Major Wood, CptAssPirate, xXxKillaD00dM@nF@c3xXx. The problem isn't allowing custom faces, custom sounds, the ability to pick your own name, etc. The problem is people. People are retarded. I'm not saying everyone, but a staggering amount of people out there in gaming land are just plain retarded. I have no idea why games like OFP draw these people in. I wouldn't think the style of gameplay is their bag, yet we have all encountered them in multiplayer.

The only surefire way to fix the problem is to not play with people. But that to me is a problem. I enjoy multiplayer. Some of the best gaming experiences I've had were online with my friends and strangers alike. I look forward to more multiplayer memories with Armed Assault, I just hope the retards are few and far between.

Tips for a better multiplayer experience:

* Play with people you know. Call your buds and plan a time to all play on the same server.

* Run your own server and be the boss of it. Ban any retards that may find their way to your box.

* Can't run your own server? See if you can help Admin one. Find a server you like and build a relationship with the admin, maybe they wouldn't mind your help with it.

* Promote the game styles you enjoy. If you like the plain old original style of play, get people excited about it. If you enjoy a certain mod, get people excited about that. Promote what you like and get others to join in the fun.

* Be an example. Don't have clown faces, upload farts, or have a stupid name.

* If you are not having fun playing a game then it isn't a game. If you are getting mad, then take a break, switch servers, do something different.

I want custom faces. It adds a personal touch and I don't believe it takes away from the experience. I dont care what other people have as faces. I enjoy seeing what other people come up with as their face.

Seems like bl00k said everything that has to be said. If you play with serious guys you won't have problems with stupid faces. Just let these kiddies play corridor ctf with spongebob faces on a few public servers without an admin. Why should anyone care about them? For example: I've nerver seen someone with this stupid stuff on Zeus server and I think there will never be some because they just don't like the way OFP is played there. The higher the niveau is the lower jerks you will find.

Seems like bl00k said everything that has to be said. If you play with serious guys you won't have problems with stupid faces. Just let these kiddies play corridor ctf with spongebob faces on a few public servers without an admin. Why should anyone care about them? For example: I've nerver seen someone with this stupid stuff on Zeus server and I think there will never be some because they just don't like the way OFP is played there. The higher the niveau is the lower jerks you will find.

Yup well said, When kiddies are a playin, The faces arn't singin!

I hope custom faces are still available in ArmA (not too bothered about custom sounds). Would be nice to have a system like this to make them with though biggrin_o.gif