Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

The Ability To Shoot Through Ground

I never knew this but I was on a hill map I made in WRP Tool, its basically a hill in the centre of map and the mission is you just hold out against continuous enemy attack, pretty fun, but basically its got a really sharp ridge, and I noticed when I fired my M60 machine gun directly through the ground in the exact direction of the enemy just over the ridge I actually killed them, after taking the mass amount of laughter I experimented a bit and it doesnt seem to really work well at long range but did within 2-5m. pistols.gifpistols.gif

edit for modz: am fixing my signature. wink_o.gif

ehehehe Multiplayer tested and works. With mates, had a great laugh after seeing the results. rofl.gif

Maybe you and the server had different versions of the map.

It could have been that your gun barrel was poking out the other end of the ground

I tried this as well and it works nothin got to do with the version of the map. wink_o.gif

Yeh, me and many of the IF members with no mods at all, tried and it works fine, even on different servers, another bug for this is that if you aim at bodies and do it, no bullet hole forms on the ground (if shooting through ground that is.) It really cant go very far though...

Another thing is shooting through bodies, you can sit on one side of a body and hit the ruski on the other side (or the OPFOR, in this case it was ruskis...) whistle.gifwink_o.gif