Sign in to follow this  
candyman

multiplayer?

For some reason i can't play online sad.gif , don't ask me why!

I think i need an IP to play online, but where can i find the IPs? Someone please help me and explain how i can play online! Thanks!

PS: I was able to play Delta Force 1,2, DF:Land warrior and soldier of fortune online so i guess it isn't because of my connection.

You can find your IP address out on the official codemasters flashpoint site as follows;

Go to

http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint/

there is a section on multiplayer, you'll see a section icon 'multiplay' click on it.

Then the screen will display 'Gamespy' 'Multiplayer Instructions' and 'Multiplay' icons........... click on 'Multiplayer instructions'.

Then scroll down to the bottom of this page, where there is a text box.

In there you can join the Chat room or find out your IP address.......................

But you do not need this to join a game online only to host a game.

(Edited by Gambba at 8:22 pm on Aug. 20, 2001)

Alternatively to Gambba suggeston:

1/ You need to know someone who's on line and using OFP. Use ICQ or MSN messanger to ID that person.

2/ Swap you IP numbers - you can find yours using winipcfg.

3/ If your hosting simply g omultiplayer mode and setup "new" game.

4/ Others use "join" and select "remote" and enter the IP address of the hoster exactily. Then gop from there.

To simplify comms get Roger Wilco and communicate via voice.

this is all too much bulls**t and trouble. I want to find a server and get connected just like I do in all my other games. There is an in-game servers list that is generated and updated and you just double click on the server to play.

Like counter strike.

opf dosent have that because the opf team decided to be lazy and use gamespy for mutiplayer. or i could be wronge and they will add it later on.