Sign in to follow this  
MeinHerzBrennt

Make Them Stop Shooting Me!

Is there a way to make it so your own troops dont kill you for killing civilians? I wanna make a extermination type level but my men turn on me...

You'll need to change the civillian units to a different side, say either resistance or east if you are playing west, or west or resistance if you are east.

The easiest way to do that, is to group the civilians under a high ranking unit like a solider with a Colnel rank. After doing so, select the enemy soldier group leader and set the "unit presence setting to 0" This way the soldier will be deleted but the civilians will be aligned to the enemy side. And then you will be free to commit all the war crimes you want.

So errm.. hooray?

Make a soldier of whatever side you want. Set his rank to Colonel, to ensure he's the leader of this group. Then, head south to the "Probability of Presence" bar, and set it to 0.

Make your civilian(s). Press F2 to select groups, and then click on the civilians and drag lines from them to the Colonel (NOT the other way around, it won't work).

You should have a bunch of civvies that are aligned to the Colonel's side (eg, West, East, etc), but no Colonel to be seen (because he doesn't exist).

how long do you play OFP ?? :P hehe. but do what that camerondude says biggrin_o.gif it works. Thanks Cameron notworthy.gif

ive been playing for like 4 years but im just now trying to unlock the full potential of the mission editer

Hahaha I just had a small execution aswell

2 triggers

1 for AIM < dotarget

2 for FIRRREE < dofire

8 russian soldiers

8 civvies lined up

goodnight.gif

EDIT

on topic wink_o.gif

This is very usefull Ive never thought about doing it with the delete thingy I allways had the res dude also running arround which was a problem... thumbs-up.gif

This is rather mission editing and scripting topic than general.

You would do best by change rating.

Taken from the official comref:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unit addRating number

Operand types:

unit: Object

number: Number

Type of returned value:

Nothing

Description:

Add number to unit rating. This is usually used to reward for completed mission objectives. Rating for killed enemis and killed friendlies is adjusted automatically. When rating is lower than zero, unit is consider "renegade" and is enemy to everyone.

Example:

player addRating 1000

:edit - and btw - here's the link to the online comref: official comref

~S~ CD

This is rather mission editing and scripting topic than general.

You would do best by change rating.

Taken from the official comref:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unit addRating number

Operand types:

unit: Object

number: Number

Type of returned value:

Nothing

Description:

Add number to unit rating. This is usually used to reward for completed mission objectives. Rating for killed enemis and killed friendlies is adjusted automatically. When rating is lower than zero, unit is consider "renegade" and is enemy to everyone.

Example:

player addRating 1000

:edit - and btw - here's the link to the online comref: official comref

~S~ CD

But that makes them go berzerk on everyone around them IIRC?  tounge2.gif

errm - what can be used for negative results here, can

also be used for positive results if you understand what

i mean. wink_o.gif

OK, ofpforum may remember this technique from deathmatch

style maps, where everybody is enemy to everybody.

Made by set ratings for everybody to minus.

But when making it to plus, you'll remain friendly, even

after lot of bad kills. smile_o.gif

~S~ CD