Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Gates and "open functions" not working

Im not sure if any one has had any experience in this department or had a similar problem, but when placing objects that feature "open" options, such as gates doors ect, during MP the gates only open for the clients machine and not for the rest of the players on the server, im not sure if this is a island related problem, or a addon problem, but i do not remember them doing this before on other islands i have made. I am using Mapfact bracken objects that include raiseable fences and doors/garage doors ect.

If anyone knows why this is happening i would love to know as its rather annoying in MP.

Many thanks

Nick smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If anyone knows why this is happening i would love to know as its rather annoying in MP.

User actions only execute localy, so that sounds like the problem? Are there any scripts in the Mapfact bracken objects to handle the MP side?

If not, let me know what objects you want to use and I can knock some up.

Thanks UNN, Not to worry i don't want to hassle you with anything,i just needed to understand why it was doing it, i will use something else. Thanks mate thumbs-up.gif

It's not some much hassle, it's not that often I can get to find out the results of anything tested in MP. Plus it's something I will have to do myself at some point.

But I did wonder why you had the problem in the first place. The large tower block on Nogova has an animated door leading to the roof. AFAIK That always worked ok in MP. It was a dead give away, if someone was sinping on the roof and forgot to close it.