Sign in to follow this  
-TomGen-

CTI (campaign) mode, new idea, is it possible?

Idea:

- you should be able to buy units from every place on map (that would be like calling reinforcement) but they will appear only in main-start supply base. So let`s say you are in the middle of map and want to buy reinforcement. After you buy soldier he will appear in main supply base (far from you), you could buy him a tank, car, etc. You could buy more soldiers (depends on how many will be under your command) and command them as it was before in campaign everon in OFP.

But they will always appear in one place - the main supply base. This would eliminate ghost appearing units which were bought when usually someone captured a town.

I did make that player could buy units from every place on map but couldn`t make that they will appear only in main-supply base. Is it possible to do it?

Another good thing would be - (minus) money for destroyed units, it would make that players would take care more for their units, it would decrease the using of jumping as a pilot from air unit (when usually unit is being destroyed).

Is this possible to do?

Quote[/b] ]I did make that player could buy units from every place on map but couldn`t make that they will appear only in main-supply base. Is it possible to do it?

There is at least one version of CTI that supports this, Clean Rocks:

http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/

I'm sure there are others to.

Quote[/b] ]Another good thing would be - (minus) money for destroyed units, it would make that players would take care more for their units, it would decrease the using of jumping as a pilot from air unit (when usually unit is being destroyed).

Is this possible to do?

Given that most of the time you don't want your brand new vehicle destoryed straight away, most people try and avoid it. Ok if you have loads of money you can easily buy another, but the same applies to your method. If you can afford the fine you will not pay any attention to it. Probably limiting the amount and frequency of replacment vehicles would be more effective.

Quote[/b] ]

There is at least one version of CTI that supports this, Clean Rocks:

http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/

I'm sure there are others to.

The link is dead sad_o.gif but i got the mfcti_cr map from other source. However it`s mfcti but the most important is the script which allowes to appear units in only one place.

link dead ? are u sure ?

Yes, at this moment it doesn`t work.

@ May 22 2006,17:32)]
link dead ? are u sure ?

Yes, at this moment it doesn`t work.

u should be able to see it soon (ill adjust my ofp cheater ip bans)