Sign in to follow this  
mrmax

Official news regarding MP dedicated server?

Can someone give me a link to an official news release by either Codemasters or Bohemia, that states there will be dedicated server support for OFP with the N.American release.

I see this posted in the forums but I can't find anything on  Codemasters announcing this feature.  

If all this hype is based on a quote from some insider at Codemasters or Bohemia, and there is no official news to back this up, I doubt your going to see this feature soon.

Just the facts please.  

hi there,

the only really "official" press release I saw that mentioned dedicated server support was the one for the interim upgrade, which stated it would be included in the september upgrade... that's here:

http://www.codemasters.com/press/uk02082001.htm

whether or not that's in the North American release is a different matter I guess..... any comments anyone?

cheers

Thanks for the info, your right that clearly states what is being said. Now I hope they deliver....

thanks again

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from mrmax on 9:24 am on Aug. 26, 2001

Can someone give me a link to an official news release by either Codemasters or Bohemia, that states there will be dedicated server support for OFP with the N.American release.

the deadicated servers are out on september the 7th

i am not pleased with BIS or codemasters for giving us such a stupid substitude on gamespy this has such a bad custumer care service they put in an e-mail to me

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR RAMBLING ABOUT

IF YOU DONT LIKE OUR SERVICE DONT USE IT!

DONT E_MAIL ME ANYMORE!

that is so poor service iv seen more better service come from a dead fish.

I see this posted in the forums but I can't find anything on  Codemasters announcing this feature.  

If all this hype is based on a quote from some insider at Codemasters or Bohemia, and there is no official news to back this up, I doubt your going to see this feature soon.

Just the facts please.  

<span id='postcolor'>

if they dont implement dedicated server support for the US. they game will not last.

Of course it is in US version.

Now go hunt those bugs and report them. Lets all finetune the game and report as much bugs as you can. This game will rock for months (maybe years to come) if they get multiplayer right