Sign in to follow this  
Nightjay0044

Email servers

Hi, I have a website that you may know of and I'm looking to get an email server or something that can say like my email address and then @OfpCentury.com

As Nightjay0044@OfpCentury.com

does anybody know where I can get such a server?

Would I have to pay for it?

Is it expensive?

Can each member of the team have there own email section where useres can email them if they wish?

Thanks...

Many webhosts does not only give you a FTP and domain, but also maybe 5 email-adresses. Check around on webhotels, thouhg, those w/ email is often more expensive.

These often also gives you the ability to install SQL, so you can have an own forum, (ie, not a proboard or alike)

Most paid-for web hosts give you unlimited mail forwarding, and varies how many pop3 accounts you get (quite a few have unlimited pop3 accounts too)

Few decent ones :

www.supanames.com / www.godaddy.com / www.web-mania.com (Not too sure about their state of security though...) / www.fasthost.com

Godaddy is probably the cheapest out of those, and I think they do an email-only thing too... But your really better of paying a little more and getting the hosting too

- Ben

I will recommend Lunarpages.com for Linux-based or ASPnix.com for windows-based hosting.

They tend to have most features for the value and are accessible to anyone from just about anywhere.

okay, I'm looking at maybe getting "This One here" . Do you think this is a good one? Then I could support 5 email adresses and give addresses to my top 5 members or something on our site.

Then I would have it for 2 years for $20.00...

Any suggestions or comments?

Your current host not open to negotiation on adding e-mail addresses?

Check with your host before going with that link you gave - he/she'll likely do you a better deal.