Sign in to follow this  
aakjer

Red Hammer?

I would like to know a little about Red Hammer. I have searched the archives, trying to find out what it's all about.

I'm one of the few people who doesn't like the Black Ops. missions in OF. I think they are too Rambo like. However a couple of mission as Black Ops. doesn't hurt. I like the missions where you're a part of a greater collective, trying to carry out your objectives.

I want to know if Red Hammer puts you in the role as a one-man army, because that's what I get from reading the archives.

Cheers

Aakjer

You are not alone much of the time, but in Red Hammer there's much more emphasis on yourself, the turnout of the mission often depends on your actions alone, or the action you order others to carry out. In fact there's only about 1Ë missions where you are in the recieving end of the command chain.

This is not to say the RH is bad, it really is great. But you can't just follow the other peeps around and support them this time, you are the one that everyone is following this time.

After completing both campaigns I have grown to accept Black Op/Spetz Natz missions. However I dislike the fact that it is surprisingly hard to be covert. On some missions I have noticed that the alarm has been set off when I have killed one man on his own and hidden his body. Most of the time I resort to a dynamic attack as apose to covert. Luckily, there are few missions that require stealth in any of the campaigns (therefore it is possible to get away with less subtalty), unfortunately the ones that are (like the one where you steal Guba's papers) are really hard to do covertly (by this I mean creeping right upto the house, taking everybody out and stealing the papers without been picked off by the armour (or the infantry if you can stand the embaressment wink.gif ), which I didn't do anyway).

The Spetz Natz missions that are there make up quite a large amount of the campaign (- the twist at the end), and you are leading a squad of yourself or others from 1 1/2 missions onwards!

Actually there's not really that many Spec Ops missions. Mostly it's infantry missions with other kinds thrown in for variety. I thought it would have a lot of Spetnaz missions in there, but it didn't in the end.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Random @ Feb. 16 2002,15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually there's not really that many Spec Ops missions. Mostly it's infantry missions with other kinds thrown in for variety. I thought it would have a lot of Spetnaz missions in there, but it didn't in the end.<span id='postcolor'>

And there's no silenced weapons. I like sneaking in the night with HK. Bizon is even better. I know it wasn't avaible in 1985. S what. G36 and Steyr weren't avaible either.