Sign in to follow this  
AtR

Question

Never saw a plane move backwards while on the ground. Always seemed sad once you needed to drive back a few but cant. Is this something what game prevents or am i missing something ? smile_o.gif

lol , well they just dont fly backwards smile_o.gif.

its possible in ofp, with setvelocity command and stuff,

It isn't coded into the game, so it's a game limitation at the moment I think. I think there are few planes that have a reversing script implemented, but only few.

Although, I'm not sure how many military aircraft actually do have the ability to reverse, besides cargo aircraft. Not many, only Tornado comes into mind this second. Usually they just make a tight turn or use some sort of ground tow to move the plane.

I don't think that there are really tight turns with OFP aircraft. Atleast I was never able to do any. And there are fighter planes that can reverse. Sukhoi series could reverse if i recall correct.

I made a script that lets you back up with planes (using the S key), it works perfectly, though nobody's found any real use for it...

You can go backwards on the ground if you fire the 30mm cannon on my A10 I made a while back for a long time tounge2.gif

Kyle could you give me a link where to get it ? smile_o.gif

Kyle could you give me a link where to get it ? smile_o.gif

I'll search for it, send me a PM and if I've found it I'll send it to you.