Sign in to follow this  

Playing mis/campaigns with choice player unit

Hello

After grabbing up FFUR mod, and playing through with a number of the new units, I all the sudden felt deprived when I would play a new mission that didnt let me use one of those great looking spetz Natz or US Spec Ops, and a few large scale missions that I have in particular seem to me would be really great for these characters. Abandoned Armies is one mission in particular, Ive played it through a number of times, and I would enjoy to try it with a spetz naz instead of resistance guy, a few others out there too. The thing is, need to retain the original side, but with a new character. I know this can be done, prolly easily, abandoned armies shows it can be done, with east and west units all intermingled.

I am pretty familiar with the editor and have done some scripting, so does anyone know how one could change the player unit to a different side dress while retaining the same side within a particular mission?

I would think alot of people might enjoy this option aside from myself.

Edit/// Update//

Ok, well, I found out how to do this, and have already done it in the editor. It is quite simple, although I now see that there are a few scenarios where someone unfamiliar with the editor could kinda oops their mission while implementing the new player unit. So, I think unless some folks show interest in this 'option' for selecting a new dress for ones unit in missions I prolly will just let this go away more less lol. I dont want to confuse people nor mess up peeps missions, I also see this prolly cant be done with missions that start with the player in a group already, or at least not easily enough to be worth it. Ah well, I tried.

This thread relates to mission editing, for which there is a specific forum, please look around before posting to ensure you post in the right place, moving.