Sign in to follow this  
-Mafia-

OFP crashed (Blue Screen)

Hello..

I Have problem with ofp goty. I have original game. Well yesterday i tryed to play ofp but when the action is big i got blue screen, something like memory dump. Well after that i tryed uninstall game and maked fresh install.. then i maked new mission in editor.. i put around 20 shilkas and 20 A10 planes, and when A10 reached in place, game grashed again and i got that blue screen message.. Before crash sound goes wierd and after that 10 - 20 sec game crashes.

I dont have such problems in other games.. like i played Empire Earth 2 game is laggyng hardly but no crash or blue screen.

My computer:

Motherboard - Chaintech 7NJL4 (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio)

Integred Soundcard: C-Media CMI9739(A) @ nVIDIA MCP2 - Audio Codec Interface

Processor - AMD Athlon XP 2500+

Memory - 512 DDR (Kingstone)

Video card - Club3D Radeon 9250, 128mb

Operating System: Windows XP Pro, SP2

Latest ATi Catalyst 6.13 and Motherboard drivers.

The Game:

Operation Flashpoint GOTY, version 1.96

No unofficial addons (fresh install)

Well i'v played ofp before but then my motherboard and video are other like:

motherboard - Epox 8RDA+

Video card - Connec3D Radeon 9200, 128mb

And i dont have any probles with the game.

I hope that somebody could help me smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Have ye added -nomap to the target field of the Ofp shortcut? That might fix it.

Shilka + bluescreen = soundcard problem, searching will find you numerous similar reports.

Do you have the latest drivers installed? If so try reducing/disabling hardware sound.

Well i have added -nomap in shortcut.

This is not only the shilka problem like i maked new experiment. I made litle battel in La Trinite, about 10 US soldiers and 4 M1A1 and group of T72 Tanks reach dwon, nothing happends, well then i add 2 groups of east men and then vhen the allmost reaching in down i heard that sound turned to wierd and press quikly Alt + F4 but to late .... Blue Screen apperas again.

Well let's say i played about 5 - 10 minutes..

E: I made map and tryed same map with sound and with disabled soundcard and the result is that if my soundcard was disabled i got no errors if i enabled again i got blue screen :/

Now what i would to, try other drivers ??

Now what i would to, try other drivers ??

Sure, or get a new soundcard, but it should work with hardware acceleration reduced/disabled, then you still get sound, just no crashes.

Yess... It's looks like i found solution, i disabled sound accelerator and that shilka & plane test runned fine eaven with 4x speeding smile_o.gif

Thank you all for help smile_o.gif

No probs, in future it's best all round to search first for a solution smile_o.gif