Sign in to follow this  
XCess

Orchestral Sounds

Does anyone know of any royalty free orchestral music we can use in our missions? The temptation to rip music from movie soundtracks is great, but I know I'd be walking on ice legally if I did so (even though it would probably cost the publishers of movies more to trace me back from my email address and then take me to court than they would actually make from sueing me)

So. Any suggestions?

Ask someone with the right skills to make them.. It wont be as good as the real deal but they would be unique and you can influence how the song should go.

I'm a pure amateur but here's an example of what I can do quite easily. I reckon there must be much more skilled people here who can make something better than that.

From that example I think I might be sending a PM in your direction pretty soon Llauma. That was damn great wink_o.gif

You're right about the benefit of being able to influence the composer, having something specifically tailored to the scene is always better than some generic song, especially when it is of similar quality to what I have just heard.

Hi

first post here for me.

Maybe I can help writting and recording some orchestral tracks for mod makers.

Have a look at my website, there are some unfinished demos in differents orchestral styles. you can download it. the page is in french, so if you dont understang just use the links named "demo##" : http://www.did-art.fr/art-pei....ns.html

I never tried, but I guess I can write some "modern war tracks". Just ask

DidArt and Llauma, could you take a look at this (right click, save target as) and see if you can make a track to replace 'darken', also some quiet music to cover the battle on the beach. I'm not entirely sure what kind of sound I would like to give it so you have a pretty clean canvas to work on.

Any comments on the mission itself would be much appreciated too wink_o.gif

Ofcourse, only do so if you have the time. Thanks in advance smile_o.gif

note: mission requires EDF v2.1 and JAM. Also this mission is WIP, no briefing, overview, or ending, just the beginning.

Didart is lightyears ahead of me so you really should let him do the magic.

Ok the link at the bottom of http://xcessofp.tk should work for the download wink_o.gif

**edit**

I loved the sample you posted Llauma, and would like for you to make a track. But, it's up to you whether you would like to or not smile_o.gif

I suppose they might be something but they are very rough and simple. I don't really have the same knowledge of how to compose orchestrals pieces as didart.

@llauma: maybe.. but you have some nice melodies... I often miss a good melody when writting music

@Xcess: I don't have downloaded yet. I just wrote this little thing this evening: http://www.did-art.fr/mp3s/4xcess.mp3. Tell me if this is the good way or not so I can know where "digging"

(I think I may buy the book "I learn to write nglish alone in my bedroom") icon_rolleyes.gif

Um, the link sends me to your home page, and I don't speak french  sad_o.gif thanks for making the song btw smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ](I think I may buy the book "I learn to write nglish alone in my bedroom")

Heh, I can't complain, I don't speak a word of french (well, maybe a couple of half remembered words from about 5 years ago)

That sounds great  biggrin_o.gif

Although it might be better for the intro/outro than the insertion sequence I was talking about. But I can definately find a use for it.

Thanks. smile_o.gif

Not to belittle your request, mate - but I'm fairly sure as a humble mission maker you'd be fine using soundtrack music. One word = FFUR. That has at least one movie song in it (Pirates of the Carribean), and I'm sure countless other mission makers have inadvertently stepped on countless toes for music usage, but never been pinged for it, rather applauded for using reliable, suitable music.

My vote: go ahead and use whatever music you'd like.

Those tunes from Llauma and didart are quite something, though! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Not to belittle your request, mate - but I'm fairly sure as a humble mission maker you'd be fine using soundtrack music.

I try to make my missions as good and proffesional as I can wink_o.gif

Not to belittle your request, mate - but I'm fairly sure as a humble mission maker you'd be fine using soundtrack music. One word = FFUR. That has at least one movie song in it (Pirates of the Carribean), and I'm sure countless other mission makers have inadvertently stepped on countless toes for music usage, but never been pinged for it, rather applauded for using reliable, suitable music.

My vote: go ahead and use whatever music you'd like.

Those tunes from Llauma and didart are quite something, though!  smile_o.gif

Sure that's true. I can't see how anyone could get into trouble for using a song in a mission.

...but it's much more fun to have a unique soundtrack, especially if they are as professional as didart's.

@didart:

Well as I can't make these big orchestral song the melodies are what's remaining so I have to focus on that otherwise they would be totally worthless. tounge2.gif

Actually Llauma, something simple, sort of ambient, would be nice in the beach landing segment of my mission (after you leave the boat).

**edit**

@didart

Just tried your piece in the boat ride at the very beginning of the mission and it fits perfectly smile_o.gif

Thanks didart, your work is very very greatly appreciated biggrin_o.gif

you're welcome.

I install your mission and the other stuff this week, and try to write something that will really fit.

The point is just that I'm not the best in installing missions and addons... it took me 2 days and 3 total ofp reinstalls to install and play FFUR...

Ok, to install everything for this mission do as follows:

1-download JAM and EDF 2.1 from the links I provided.

2-download the mission zip file

3-Unzip all files to the desktop

4-Put the .pbo files concerning JAM and EDF into your OperationFlashpoint/Addons folder

5-Put edfMission.Eden.pbo into your OperationFlashpoint/missions folder.

6- Play from Single Missions

I was going to update my page with the most recent version (which includes a new rsc and your music) but freewebs won't let me because my account with them is newer than 7 days banghead.gif

If I can find a host before then I'll upload it, either that or I could email it to you?

Just tried my mission in ECP, with WGL vegetation replacements and, even if i do say so myself, it's damn great tounge2.gif

You can download it from my site

I'll throw you some feedback once I'm done with it, mate!

Btw, since you're using ECP... may I recommend you try out my DSAI extension? See my sig.

Sounds sweet, the main reason I recommend ECP is because of people screaming "TAKE COVER!!!" and "ARMORRR!!!" at the beginning of the mission, and anything extending this could be nothing short of excellent.

thanks for looking at the mission smile_o.gif