Sign in to follow this  
klavan

Strange issue

Hi all.

I'm creating an object pack for my island. The pack will feature both new and modified bis models.

I'm experiencing a strange issue with this antenna: as you can see in the first pic the ladder is not visualized in the correct way when ingame.

gcs00025jl.th.jpg

However the same model on buldozer looks fine:

gcs00011mk.th.jpg

There's no trace of unwanted textures or whatever.

Any suggestion?

Thanks for the help

Klavan

Unfortunately I can't give you a solution, just some tips.

The ladder is a two-sided 4-vertices polygon? Or at least set up with a couple of them?

- use different TGA->PAC/PAA tools to convert the ladder-texture.

Sometimes PanTools gives me bad textures whith 32Bit TGAs and a transparent Alpha layer. Then I use PaaTool - play around with the different settings of it. Try PAA and PAC.

Sorry, don't know what the ingame issue is - have made a ladder in a similar way for my smokestacks: no problems ingame.

bye, Arne

Ok thanks for the tips, i will try something different.

Btw it's strange because as i've said it's a modified bis models and there are no custom made textures used in this model. huh.gif

Thank you again.

Klavan

that happens when binarizing an object without putting the textures into the same relative folder to the addon folder as in the o2 folder.

i normally have bin in the same dir as o2, so i never have that prob any more. bin packs the bin'ed stuff into the 'opt/subfolder' dir anyway, so nothing is overwritten.

To say the truth i've experience the same problems with other models featuring transparent textures. I came with the conclusion that the textures are screwed up when the models are reverted from ODOL to MLOD format. sad_o.gif

Textures subfolders are in the right place, as long as their proper textures and for this model they' re BIS ones, so no need to repath 'em.

I can't see a way out......

Klavan

you didn't get me right i'm afraid.

no textures are screwed up when a model is converted to MLOD. this transparency bug is a problem of the binarize programme.

ok, when you shift a model into a certain folder in order to binarize it without the textures, then the transparent textures don't display correctly. all you need is to shift the textures and the model into the bin directory (or any other dir in which you put the to be bin'ed models). in this case it doesn't matter if the texure path is correct in the o2 directory. what matters is if it's still correct in the bin directory.

as i said, i normally binarize them from their original o2 subfolder, so the texture paths of the transparent textures are never wrong. no MLOD models are overwritten cos binarize puts the bin'ed models into a subfolder called 'opt' (by default)

Thank you remcen, now it's clear. thumbs-up.gif

This will avoid to force me deleting a couple of hundreds objects from my map.

Thank you again.

Klavan

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Damn, it wont work.

gcs00012ka.th.jpg

The image above shows my last attempt. What i'm doing wrong???

I've tried to put tthe model in the same textures folder, to keep 'em out of it and to directly binarize the model from the o2 subdirectory but in the last case the model aren't even moved in the opt folder.

Klavan

You should put the "KLA_umm_qasr" folder in the same directory as bin.bat. So it should be C:\binarize\KLA_umm_qasr.

Thank you ironsight! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Your name will be credited in the readme along with all the peoples who helped me.

Klavan