Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

"Connection Lost"

Hello All

I tried to search for a similar topic, but from what i could see nothing really anything in conjunction with the problem i am having.

We have a dedicated server, running ofp resistance 1.96 + ECP.

Now we used to have a dedi server with pulse gaming, but after many months we where forced to close the account with them due to server funds being rather high. But we never had any problems with them.

Moving on from that, we have recently moved to a new server host. The server it self is fine, bandwidth and pings are good, and everything else that you could expect from a dedi server.

The problem is that, when ever we (10+) people try and load a map, the server cant seem to process the map. We get to the receiving data screen, and after about 3 or 4 mins, everyone gets kicked off the server, with the following error

"Connection lost to "players name"

I have tried over and over again to try and narrow down the problem, but i am at the end of the road, and have no idea what the cause of this problem is.

Now, the strange thing is, the map does load after at least 5+ restarts, so it cannot be a addon problem, nor a Map problem, as the server can load it eventually.

So i ask anyone out there who has any experience with this problem, or has any info at all that might help me fix this problem i would be more than grateful to know.

Thankyou very much

Smiey

smile_o.gif

Hi,

I had similar problem.

If you have a Windows and Service Pack 2 installed.

In sp2 limits half open tcp connections to 10.

I found solution in here

http://www.lvllord.de/

Hope it help,

Wahoo