Sign in to follow this  
D-CHGU

the FTMOD topic

Hello everyone !

I thought that it was about time that I presented the mod I'm working on here on the BI forums.

The mod was started ... ah some time ago (can't remember the exact time, but the idea was born about two years ago...)

by two friends and myself. In the meantime some more people have joined, but we're still low on staff.

The story :

I was getting bored by the always repeating scenarios like US beeing the good guys and russians beeing the bad guys, so I thought about it and came up with a story.

What if the USA were taken over by a really bad guy (not necesarely mad but not far away wink_o.gif ) ?

And thats the prologue to ftmod.

This man looses the upcoming elections in 2008 because his policy was alltogether a bit too extreme, but got himself many little friends in the military. So he plans to take over the White House by force. After he succeeds he progressivly occupies the surrounding countries (Mexico, Cuba...) first for false reasons, pretending to hunt down non existent terrorist cells, but he slowly reveals his true motivation : taking over the world (or at least the interesting parts, aka those with natural resources).

He laughs at the protestations from the UNO and doesnt care about european diplomats accusations. When he starts threatening northern Africa, the EU decides to take direct action and send some troops of their freshly unified army, the UEA (or United European Army) into Morocco. But it was too late : the american invasion had allready begun, and the attack on the european continent was allready planned !

So much about the story for now...

There will also be an intervention from the Chineese army, on the european side.

I've got a friend working on US forces, another one makes addons for the Chineese side. I'm making the European addons.

Another guy works on some Russian units and weapons (an idea he came up with since part of the campaign takes place in Russia...)

All in all those units and weapons will be a little futuristic but not too much... and most importantly they are all our own designs, inspired by real things from time to time, but mostly invented smile_o.gif

and following, a few pics of the island that will come with the demo... which, I'm sorry to say, is still some time off untill we sort out the infantry units and their weapons, and a couple of buildings and objects...

idg18xt.jpg

idg63fy.jpg

idg94ft.jpg

Also pics of one of my fighter aircrafts for the european air force, the former XMA60 renamed EF-6000. It's still beeing worked on but making good progress... an ER version (external tanks, two-seater) is also beeing worked on.

ef6000a3he.jpg

ef6000c8vv.jpg

These of course aren't the only addons actually ingame, I just haven't got any good pics of them yet, and I'm waiting for the UEA infantry addon to post pics of them with my weapons...

Hope you liked the pics !

D-CHGU

I'm not really a fan of fictional equipment, but oh my gawsh, does that island look impressive! inlove.gifthumbs-up.gif

interesting and strange...

there is a man who is saying that Soviet/Russian country is not bad!  wow_o.gif

i thought only few people are here thinking that, enemy is not Soviet/Russia, but U.S. (partly NATO,because NATO is mostly controlled by U.S.)

yeah, it Soviet Union was the U.S., U.K. and other countrys enemy nr.1 because of the Stalin and his nasty decission...

but after he died, everything came to ballance, thought Chrushciov made Kuban Crissis even bigger, but he didn't inteded to start the war, it was just to show Soviet Union's power after U.S. modernised it's forces...

after that crissis, Soviet Union was finaly equal to the U.S. war maschine...

i live a small country, called Lithuania and i don't have any idea of making Lithuania most powerfull country in the world...

while U.S. wanted this after ww2 ended, the best thing of this story, that Soviet Union challenged U.S. groving might and that is very great!

how did you feal controlled by one country, by it's nation? Free? Nope. So our world just can't be under one controlling country... that's why the ballance is still kept, thanks to cold war...

Nowadays press says that U.S. is powerfull country in the world, but do you think it is? I wounder why the most powerfull country after September 11 terrorist attacks had to start war against Afghanistan and Iraq? those two countrys are really weak, while enemy (U.S.) most powerfull. It's said U.S. did that because that there were terrorist bases, well yeah, they were there, but start a war against few bases with war whole war maschine killing thousands of civilians and soldiers in each side? nonsence! it because of money, war is the best way to get more money, more tention to millitary and to improve countrys power. Though those terrorist bases could be destroyed with squads of best special ops: Delta Force, Navy seals, few bombing planes...

Yeah, Soviet/Russia is not an angel too, but at least it didn't started/participated in Korean, Vietnam, 1st Gulf War, Kosovo conflict(just as peace keeping force for guarding teritorys), Afghanistan 2nd and 2nd Gulf War.

Soviet/Russia participated directly only in Afghanistan 1st war and in Chechnya...

Soviet/Russia participated in Korean, Vietnam and other war undirectly, to keep balance against enemys, supplying ammunition and weaponry...

bla bla bla... long story which will still end in the way that Soviet/Russian is the bad guys...  confused_o.gif

if so, think about how bad are you to judge and say it, when you almost in every war destroy country, it's history and etc.

yeah i know what i'm talking about, we, Lithuanians, were occupied by Soviet Union for almost 50 years... we waited for the help from Nato and U.S. but nobody helped us and what today's show, that U.S. is comming to the bad guys role...

P.S. this is offtopic and no need to show your ideas, at least when i know that this discussion would end in my defeat

moderators please delete my usless thoughts! i'm sorry for this one...

Do yourself a favor and start using sharp & smooth edges on your models. This will improve the lighting A LOT.

plz make Estonian forces too for European army. smile_o.gif

The Scouts Battalion would be very a good force against the enemy. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the advice with the sharp edges, it helped a lot, looks a lot better notworthy.gif

And about the estonian forces... well... it's more like that all armies in europe have been united into one... easier to organize... so all got the same uniforms, the same rank, and so on... china and russia have their own armies cause they are big countries...

If we were to make different units for every country in Europe we wouldnt be done before OFP5 was out wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]china and russia have their own armies cause they are big countries

We have a big country...do we get our own army too? biggrin_o.gif

You can call yourselves lucky, there won't be fighting in your country biggrin_o.gif

Besides, so close to the US, you'll probably have been anected allready wink_o.gif

But seriously... I can't make every army in the world... it's a pretty big world... There will be 3 major armies and one smaller, and maybe a few local resistance groups (depending on the place the mission is located)...

the big ones : UEA, CPA, USarmy

the smaller one : Russian Federation (smaller because the mod will only feature russian infantry and a few vehicles, not the full armed forces)

And there will be quite a lot of missions, all around the world (Northern Africa, Europe, Russia, Middle East, Far East, Australia, the Pacific ocean, and the USA)

For convenience of the addon makers, those will be grouped in 3 campaigns, the first one featuring the fights in Africa and Europe, the second one everything from Russia to Australia, and the last one the ocean and the USA...

Help is always apreciated !

What is it that you could help us with ?

smile_o.gif

Looks very nice!

thumbs-up.gif

BTW; even if you don't get the mod finished (wish I of corse hope smile_o.gif) release the island as an addon. It looks so cool!

What if the USA were taken over by a really bad guy (not necesarely mad but not far away wink_o.gif ) ?

And thats the prologue to ftmod.

This man looses the upcoming elections in 2008 because his policy was alltogether a bit too extreme, but got himself many little friends in the military. So he plans to take over the White House by force. After he succeeds he progressivly occupies the surrounding countries (Mexico, Cuba...) first for false reasons, pretending to hunt down non existent terrorist cells, but he slowly reveals his true motivation : taking over the world (or at least the interesting parts, aka those with natural resources).

I really wonder where you got that idea from rofl.gif

realistic idea but 2008 is a bit late as it's happening already whistle.gif

china and russia have their own armies cause they are big countries...

No thats not the reason.

That's just depending in how much money the government is putting in to the military. The US, wich get a heck alot of money from taxes (though, yes thats beacause they have alot of inhabitants) get much governemental money to put to the military, so it's all depending on money.

See it like this; If you put $1000 on a computer, you'll probably get a really good gaming PC. But if you put $2000 you'll get an even better and maybe with a flatscreen and 5.1 surround-sound.

You understand how I mean?

ok, I've got a new pic for you :

retextured EF-2000

still beta-textures but it's getting better wink_o.gif

ef6000newcamo12vf.jpg

@JW : I know what you mean smile_o.gif