Sign in to follow this  
sgt_sid

Player Marker visible on Map

HI Yall ok I have been fiddling around with the editor and looked through the forums and tute but to no avail, could anyone show me how to make myself appear on the map during the game? I have seen other missions by other maker where you appear as red circle icon when you pull up the map during gameplay, so you know where you are on the map. help.gif

Well, for the sake of the ingame realism I recommending you not to use such scripts; it's more realistical, if you provide a GPS device for instance (in description.ext type showGPS =  1), which will show player's position on the map by the 'coordinates'. But if you insist I'm sure you'll find such scripts on some of the dedicated sites, or just de-pbo the mission which use such system, for a closer look.

I thought there was a green/red circle marker on the map when you have the game on cadet mode.

I thought there was a green/red circle marker on the map when you have the game on cadet mode.

But the editor is in veteran mode, unless play play a single mission in cadet first.. wink_o.gif

@Sgt_sid

Heres a neat little script that's also simple to use. Place this script in your mission folder; name it "marker"

Quote[/b] ]#start

"red1" setMarkerPos getpos red1

~1

"red2" setMarkerPos getpos red2

~1

"red3" setMarkerPos getpos red3

~1

goto "start";

Place this trigger;

trigger9kh.jpg

Place markers in remote area on map;

markers2sk.jpg

name markers; red1, red2 and red3. Place three soldiers on map and name them red1, red2 and red3...you should now see three little red dots..

hehe I think that would work thanks lots Mr Reality biggrin_o.gif

Will this only work once the mission is saved? As I can't see the markers when in preview mode.