Sign in to follow this  
leop

Empty Vehicle Waypoints & Mission Hosting

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but it was the closest i found.

How do you waypoint a vehicle that is empty that you intend your player to use later in the mission. Note that there are a few vehicles the player will use all with seperate waypoints. This is for a single player mission. I used to know how to do it but i put OFP down for a while and want to get back into it.

My second question is where can you host your missions once they're complete, if you dont have your own website.

I think this belongs in Mission editing and scripting, but the answer is very simple. You don't give any waypoints to the empty vehicle. You give them to the unit who will drive them.

Can you explain a bit more. How do you do it if the player is not connected to the vehicle at all. What if you give the player a choice of vehicles to pick from all with diff waypoints.

You don't give any waypoints to the empty vehicle. You give them to the unit who will drive them.

Like nominesine said, you give the waypoint to the unit you want to get in the vehicle. If YOU command that unit then you won't have to give any waypoints. But also as previously mentioned it's best to ask this in "Mission editing and scripting". Good luck and happy editing  biggrin_o.gif

If it's the player your giving the choice of vehicles for then again you won't have to give any waypoints as the player can decide which vehicle to mount..

Its just a quick question so i'll just finish it off quick. What i want is for the player to jump into a choice of vehicles i.e water, land and air and have the yellow "goto here" boxes i.e waypoints.

I'll post futher question in the mission editing and scripts, as i was looking in the OPF forum i didn't see that category.

EDIT:

I posted in the MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING forum. Continue there.